So, The NFC East divison leader is 4-7.... (1 Viewer)

I'm calling the first ever 6-10 division winner, maybe even tied between Washington & Dallas.

You have to think the #5 seed will have a significantly easier game than normal in the wildcard round, and you just know the Buccs will end up with that 5th seed...
theres a chance cowboys could be in at 5-11 too.

if that happened, itd be amazing if the 11-5 bucs had to go to the 5-11 cowboys. and LOSE. rule would definitely get changed next year since the golden boy lost.

I'm calling the first ever 6-10 division winner, maybe even tied between Washington & Dallas.

You have to think the #5 seed will have a significantly easier game than normal in the wildcard round, and you just know the Buccs will end up with that 5th seed...

I think 6-10 is very likely to be enough to win the division. If any of these putrid teams win 7 games, it would be a minor miracle. It is also entirely possible that the Eagles could win the division with a record of 5-10-1.

I had ESPN on this morning in the background at work and heard them say, "And the Eagles are in the thick of the playoff hunt," when I realized that 3-7-1 is damn near good enough to be leading that division right now. Those three consecutive 7-9 Saints/Payton teams would slaughter this year's NFCE.

I know that I’m probably in the minority, but I like the possibility of a sub .500 team being able to make the playoffs. If there are divisions, you should be rewarded for winning it not matter how bad your record is. I think it’s great for parity and having the possibility for a Cinderella storyline. If they’re really trash, then the wildcard will have no problem steamrolling them, but what if a Jalen Hurts takes over now and leads the Eagles to a 7 or 8 win season? What if they get kind of hot and get past the first round? The national media would be buzzing about that. I find the possibility of this interesting, and as much as it sucks for the occasional 10 win team that may miss the playoffs, I kind of like that too. If there are divisions, you have to win it or you run the risk of being left out.

I had ESPN on this morning in the background at work and heard them say, "And the Eagles are in the thick of the playoff hunt," when I realized that 3-7-1 is damn near good enough to be leading that division right now. Those three consecutive 7-9 Saints/Payton teams would slaughter this year's NFCE.
The Saints had a chance to be a 7-9 Division champion in 2015. Then it started to rain at the end of the Carolina game.

If they change the rules they need to get rid of the 6 wild card team that dont deserve to be in the playoffs at all....

Either that or take Lombardi's name off the trophy

Lombardi does not win his second superbowl without excluding the Colts who had the best seasonal record in the NFL simply because they were tied in their division. Second place in the division does not merit a playoff spot over a division winner even if you have only 1 loss on the season.

Winning a division > getting in as a wildcard

I have no problem with the current system.

FWIW - I had NY winning the division with 6 wins before Jones got hurt... Now I am leaning toward PHI with 5 wins (that tie they have will be the factor)... LOL

All 4 teams are guaranteed to lose their game this week.

Now we have the very real possibility of a 6-10 division winner for the very first time.

I absolutely hate seeing a team with a bad record getting home field over a good football team (especially when it's us). What I would hate more is division rivalries getting watered down. Division rivalries are one of the best things in sports. Think you have to leave it alone

Winning a division > getting in as a wildcard

I have no problem with the current system.
As a side note. I do like divisions. It does give history to those teams. And every division championship is something else we hold over Atlanta.

The problem is what it has always been... If you don't reward division winners.... Then there is no reason to have divisions....
A division winner with a winning record could still automatically qualify for the playoffs, even if not as good a record as a wildcard from another division. That still keeps the rationale for the division structure in place, but it requires a higher level of competition overall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom