So, The NFC East divison leader is 4-7.... (1 Viewer)

There’s literally a chance that one of those teams go 5-11 or 6-10 and get to play in the playoffs while there’s a team at home that’s 10-6 or 11-5 team at home not right
...also not possible this season for a team to go 11-5 and miss the playoffs.

...a team in the NFC could go 10-6 and miss the playoffs but that is more likely to happen in the AFC than the NFC

The problem is that would give an unfair advantage to wildcard teams whose w-l records benefit from playing a particularly weak slate of non-division opponents.

I mean I guess. You don't typically have a terrible cluster in a single group like this year's NFC East; that's an outlier. And it's not like this is college where you play the Mother Mary's French Toast Sticks. The different between the worst NFL team and the best is pretty close compared to other sports. I don't see unfair strength of schedule issue as valid.

I mean I guess. You don't typically have a terrible cluster in a single group like this year's NFC East; that's an outlier. And it's not like this is college where you play the Mother Mary's French Toast Sticks. The different between the worst NFL team and the best is pretty close compared to other sports. I don't see unfair strength of schedule issue as valid.

That’s the point. The NFC East champion shouldn’t be penalized for having to play half of their schedule against the NFC West and the AFC North. If they finish with the best record in their division they deserve the home playoff game. To award it to the 2nd or 3rd place team from another division who had an easier slate of opponents would just be ludicrous imo.

My opinion is this: you are what your record says you are. You can't help who's on your schedule. This isn't college football. There's no way you can convince me that we should have been traveling to 7-9 Seattle when we were 11-5. I guess we could go back and forth on fairness intracacies and I'm sure it's been debated by the owners. I'm on team "keep it as is except seed by record".

My opinion is this: you are what your record says you are. You can't help who's on your schedule. This isn't college football. There's no way you can convince me that we should have been traveling to 7-9 Seattle when we were 11-5. I guess we could go back and forth on fairness intracacies and I'm sure it's been debated by the owners. I'm on team "keep it as is except seed by record".

Yeah and the Saints record said they were a wildcard team, 2 games behind in their own division.

The Ravens had to go on the road as a 5 seed with a better record than the Saints and they handled their business.

...also not possible this season for a team to go 11-5 and miss the playoffs.

...a team in the NFC could go 10-6 and miss the playoffs but that is more likely to happen in the AFC than the NFC
Saints
Bucs
Seahawks
Cardinals
Packers
Rams
NFC East Winner

So your telling me the Bears 49ers or Vikings already eliminated none can win out?

10-6 was once good enough for the Saints to be a number two seed in their conference.

11-5 was once not good enough for the Patriots to even make the playoffs.

Some seasons are going to be weirder than others, we don't have to go to changing rules every time something outside the norm happens.

Saints
Bucs
Seahawks
Cardinals
Packers
Rams
NFC East Winner

So your telling me the Bears 49ers or Vikings already eliminated none can win out?
It is impossible for them to all win out as the Rams, Seahawks, and Cards play each other. As Do the 49ers, plus the Vikings/Bears/Packers/Bucs/Saints. In addition the Bears, Vikings, and 49ers already have 6 loses (so 11 wins is impossible).

But even if 6 teams are 11-5 and the NFC East is 5-x they will all make the playoffs.

Last edited:
This and if you cant beat a 7-9 team no matter where you don't deserve to advance and probably aren’t that good of a team anyway
You forgot that the 7-9 Seahawks whipped us in 2010. We were 11-5 and were a 10 point fav. What say ye now?????

My best case projection for each of these teams is 2 more wins. Making the division winner a 6 win team. That is brutal!

You forgot that the 7-9 Seahawks whipped us in 2010. We were 11-5 and were a 10 point fav. What say ye now?????

That the Saints had a 10-0 lead at the start of that game and found a way to choke against a 7-9 team?

Blah blah blah running backs blah blah whatever....... When you have a 10 point lead in the playoffs and you're playing a team that isn't even 0.500, you find a way to win.

And for all the whining people have always done about the running back situation at that point, it's not like Julius Jones came in and played all that poorly.

Saints
Bucs
Seahawks
Cardinals
Packers
Rams
NFC East Winner

Vikings are going to win this week and that will put them at 6-6 going up against a 7-5 Bucs team. A Vikings win and the Bucs are on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

That the Saints had a 10-0 lead at the start of that game and found a way to choke against a 7-9 team?

Blah blah blah running backs blah blah whatever....... When you have a 10 point lead in the playoffs and you're playing a team that isn't even 0.500, you find a way to win.

And for all the whining people have always done about the running back situation at that point, it's not like Julius Jones came in and played all that poorly.
10-0 lead, which should have been a 14-0 lead but Reggie Bush dropped the easiest TD pass you'll ever see.

We lost Jenkins in the last game of the regular season and Harper had the worst game of his professional career, unfortunately.

The Jay Cutler Bears were more than beatable that next week, which would have put us in the Dome vs Rodgers in the NFC CG. What a game that would have been.

Last edited:
The Falcons had a better regular season record than us, which makes it debatable that we were any good that season to begin with.

The Falcons had a better regular season record than us, which makes it debatable that we were any good that season to begin with.
We were the 5th seed and second in our division. That means that we were better than 11 other teams in the NFC South that year. Subpar teams don't win that many game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom