So the Rams are the Team to Fear Now? (1 Viewer)

As a fan the only thing I'm concerned with right now is having to go to Lambeau Field in the playoffs. Hopefully things stay on track and we don't have to worry about that.

But honestly I'm not afraid of any team in the NFC. Right now I think we're the boogeyman. We are the one who knocks.

I thought Evans, Godwinn and Brown were the most to Fear...?

Guys I’m not trying to be a jerk but we know we’re good in regular season. I’m afraid of everyone in the playoffs with how we have lost over the last few years
Nothing unreasonable about that.

While I think we all obviously want the path of least resistance to get to the Super Bowl, I'm just hoping whoever the Saints draw is not underestimated like the 10' Seahawks and 19' Vikings were.

They have receivers that can present some challenges for our secondary and Sean McVay is an efficient play caller. I think their defense may the only one that can slow us down. Any thoughts?
I agree, although I hated it cause I'm tired of them. But, they have all the right pieces on they're team to beat anybody and be in the super bowl again. They have a Qb, a really Special Teams, and a fast defense. And Ramsey is as physical a cornerback as you will ever see in the NFL. They do scare me, but come playoff time, if they are in our way, so be it. Let's take them down. We owe them SOOOOOO much.

Nothing unreasonable about that.

While I think we all obviously want the path of least resistance to get to the Super Bowl, I'm just hoping whoever the Saints draw is not underestimated like the 10' Seahawks and 19' Vikings were.
It pains me greatly to say, but the only way we win in the post-season is to be the under dog. That happens with a lot of teams and I can't figure out why that still happens in this day and age. Why do teams continually underestimate their opponents. Everyone needs to be afraid of everyone. But nope.

Maybe it’s because we already lost to them, but the team that really scares me is Green Bay.

Yes Saints fans should fear the Rams the most in NFC.

Not even sure if it's close at this point.
Nahhhhhhhhhh

The match-up favor the Saints. The team that may gives us the most fits would have to be...

Actually all the teams that I have are AFC teams. Green Bay has cooled off and took advantage of us being down on injuries. Davenport/Dline has to be 100% healthy against Seattle and Arizona to help contain mobile QBs.

Honestly, the road to Superbowl this year is giving us (2016 Falcons) favorable match-ups unlike past years.

The Superbowl itself... not so much.

What I liked most about the Rams-Bucs game is that the Bucs didn't even sack Goff, yet he threw two really bad picks--not the results of a receiver mishandling the ball, but just bad throws. Our D line will definitely generate considerably more pressure on Goff than the Bucs'. Secondly, this is not the Rams offense of a couple of years ago when they had a very good Todd Gurley running the ball. They are an average run team, so I think if we played them we would make them one dimensional and force Goff to beat us, and I don't think he's up to the task. The only thing that gives me pause is that, for whatever reason, Donald gets really up to play us and gives our interior O line fits. I think Payton will have special protections for him if we have to play them, though, and I like our chances. I agree with Taker that the biggest threats are all in the AFC. It would be great to have to worry about that if we get to the big dance.

We are the GREATEST!

I know that this is probably unrealistic, but we don’t need to be a part of any close games in the playoffs. We just need to smoke whomever we play and get out with the Ws to make it to the Super Bowl. Don’t leave it in the refs’ hands, don’t give the opponent any hope of a comeback - just destroy them and move on.

They have receivers that can present some challenges for our secondary and Sean McVay is an efficient play caller. I think their defense may the only one that can slow us down. Any thoughts?

Ive said for weeks I think we play them in the NFC title game, but their fault is our Oline will stifle their D line worse than TB did for the majority of that game. They want no part of us.

Great defense, no question. With great corners on man coverage and 3 defensive linemen that can apply pressure by themselves, they are very effective.

Offense? I really have my doubts. Sean McVay reminds me so much to Sean Payton, but in a bad way.

Young Sean Payton will tend to forget about the running game, get cute at critical situations, and forget to take care of the clock.

If you want the cliftnotes of the rams offense, just look at the last drive. Enough time to get in the end zone and kill the clock, but they decided to rely only on their great receivers. They get on field goal position and instead of running the clock down, they go first with a quick pass right to the boundary. Incomplete, no time consumed.

They did score a winning field goal, but left Tom Brady with over 2 minutes to go. Any top-10 quarterback would have been able to tie the game, if not winning it, with the time left.

Sean McVay is not impressive to me at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom