So the store still hasn't charged my credit card (1 Viewer)

Well, I don't know anything about being in a relationship with a woman so there is that.

I visited Seattle on vacation a few years ago. On my first day there I made a trip to Pike Place Market and bought $300+ in fresh seafood to ship overnight to my family here. I believe the total was something like $314.

Fast forward to a few hours later when I returned to the hotel. For whatever reason, I checked my bank account, something I don't normally do on a daily basis. I had a charge of $3.14 to the company in question. I remembered the employee who had filled my order and the employee who charged my card were different. Obviously this was a decimal mistake. But $314 was a lot of money, and I was so torn about going back to the market to fix the problem. Eventually my conscience won out and I returned to point out the error. The owner was both bewildered and grateful, and gave me $50 off the order for honesty. I certainly appreciated the gesture.

Mistakes happen, and I suppose we can only do what we hope others would do for us if the situation were reversed.

Okay, so it has now been 12 days since I emailed the salesman and spoke to him on the phone about the transaction. There still is nothing posted on my credit card.

Okay, so it has now been 12 days since I emailed the salesman and spoke to him on the phone about the transaction. There still is nothing posted on my credit card.

You've done everything you can
But if you just really want the charge to appear, go buy something just below your credit limit, and the charge will magically appear and push you over the limit

Either they didn't run the cards properly that night, or they charged the wrong account somehow.

Was this a simple swipe transaction? or did they write your CC # down?

Either they didn't run the cards properly that night, or they charged the wrong account somehow.

Was this a simple swipe transaction? or did they write your CC # down?

It was a swipe transaction. I signed the printed receipt. I actually can't find my receipt, I know I have it somewhere (this was a significant purchase).

After I emailed him advising that it hadn't shown up yet, he called me to verify the number. Maybe somehow it did post to a different account. I suspect that person will get their statement and call AmEx and then it will get sorted out. I guess. Who knows. It's just weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom