So the store still hasn't charged my credit card (1 Viewer)

So I emailed the salesman the other day and he appreciated my honesty - but the crazy thing is that they still can't figure it out! They ran my card that day and I remember seeing my name on the receipt that I signed. He called me the other day and said "is this the card that ends in XXXX?" And I said "yes, that's the one."

He just called me back and said he's working with American Express and he read the full numbers of the card that he ran and it was completely different. It was just a coincidence that they ended in the last four digits. But he and I both remember my name printing on the receipt.

So he's working with AmEx to try to figure it out. Very weird.

I refinanced my house 1 week before Katrina. My first payment on the new note wasn't due til Oct 1 and the loan had already been sold to another bank that would actually hold the note, but they had not yet provided payment instructions

While in exile I called my original bank about where to send the first payment. They told me that their records showed that I had paid off my old loan but had no record of my new loan. :scratch:

For about 5 minutes I dreamed about how nice it was going to be having no mortgage, and that if they had lost my loan paperwork in the flood, it was simply an Act of God and I should just go about my business.

But then I thought better of it and made the original bank take my check each month (which they did not cash) knowing they would eventually find it and try to say I had never made a payment (which they did, and they did). Took me a few days to get my original bank to send them the checks I had been sending, but I eventually forced them to pay the new bank.

That was a fun 5 minutes having no house note. I was rich!

On September 4, I made a significant purchase at a store. I was traveling at the time and asked that they ship me the item. I gave them my credit card and signed the printout. Several days later, I was home and I emailed them to confirm that I was home so they could ship the item. I received the item two days later.

Three weeks later, the charge still hasn't shown up on my credit card.

The angel on my right shoulder is saying to call them and remind them to charge my card. The devil on my left shoulder is saying to let them figure it out - they're a sophisticated business and it isn't my job to run it for them. They have my phone number and email address if there is any problem.

I'm going to call them. But damn. Sucks I have to remind them that they're a business.

seeing how you signed the receipts I would guess the error is with the credit card processing company and not the retail store. either way I would give them a call, if not it will show up in the future on your card.

We've had two situations like this in the past year. Once was for catering for a reception after my daughter's baptism. They had our credit card but never billed. My wife called three times and each time was assured it would be handled, but never was. My thought on that one was that the person we were dealing with messed something up and didn't want to get in trouble with her boss, because that's who runs the credit cards for them, by mentioning our lack of payment.

The second event was the bounce house where we held my other daughter's birthday party. We paid half up front and never got billed for the 2nd half. Again we called multiple times, but never were charged. We have gone back there since and never showed anything on our account. My only guess on that one is that they were super crowded that Saturday because all of the events the previous Saturday had to be cancelled due to a snow event, so because it wasn't an optimum experience, they waved the charge.

I got a $700 medical bill a year after the procedure. That was a pleasant surprise.

i can get you results in 30 minutes. all i need is your cc# and that 3 digit number on the back.

--

a picture of your wife would be helpful as well

What happens in a locksmith scam?

when i smithed in chicago many years ago a northside key jockey made an extra copy of house and car keys for himself and had a very profitable, yet brief evening job .

nowadays the scam is to quote a price for a lockout, destroy the lock or door to gain entry and then charge an additional amount to repair the damage done. i've heard of $60 residential lockouts turning into $600 and more, charging a huge markup on hardware.

What happens in a locksmith scam?

Similar to what soupcan says
Buy up lots if Google ads saying you're 5 blocks away and can do the lock for $15 (with young guys you subcontract)
Show up says "whoa this is worse that I thought, I need to drill and replace, that'll be $300"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom