So the store still hasn't charged my credit card (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On September 4, I made a significant purchase at a store. I was traveling at the time and asked that they ship me the item. I gave them my credit card and signed the printout. Several days later, I was home and I emailed them to confirm that I was home so they could ship the item. I received the item two days later.

Three weeks later, the charge still hasn't shown up on my credit card.

The angel on my right shoulder is saying to call them and remind them to charge my card. The devil on my left shoulder is saying to let them figure it out - they're a sophisticated business and it isn't my job to run it for them. They have my phone number and email address if there is any problem.

I'm going to call them. But damn. Sucks I have to remind them that they're a business.

Call and remind them. It's the right thing. You shouldn't have to do it. But it's a business presumably operated by human beings, who make mistakes. Your action could be the difference between keeping or losing a livelihood for the person who apparently made the mistake.

So do you want to get hit now with the charge? Or do you want to forget about it, and then suddenly in 2 months when they realize the accounting error they charge your card when you aren't ready for it?

So do you want to get hit now with the charge? Or do you want to forget about it, and then suddenly in 2 months when they realize the accounting error they charge your card when you aren't ready for it?

Well, I said I was going to call them.

But I'm prepared to make the payment, whether now or later. And I believe in the time-value of money because it's true. I check my credit card account several times a month.

On September 4, I made a significant purchase at a store. I was traveling at the time and asked that they ship me the item. I gave them my credit card and signed the printout. Several days later, I was home and I emailed them to confirm that I was home so they could ship the item. I received the item two days later.

Three weeks later, the charge still hasn't shown up on my credit card.

The angel on my right shoulder is saying to call them and remind them to charge my card. The devil on my left shoulder is saying to let them figure it out - they're a sophisticated business and it isn't my job to run it for them. They have my phone number and email address if there is any problem.

I'm going to call them. But damn. Sucks I have to remind them that they're a business.

Last year i ordered ONE boston acoustic TvOne when it was on a massive sale. Amazon- paid and delivered.

2 of them.

So i had a choice...call or not call. So i called. They thanked me for the honesty and told me "keep it- its on them". I was shocked. So it ended up working out in the long run.

Not syaing that will happen here, but its Karma man.

I had a check for rent that didn't go through for nearly 2 months. I know it was deposited immediately because I saw it happen. Last week the bank passed the check through my account which royally would have screwed me over it they didn't fix the timing of it.

Last year i ordered boston acoustic TvOne when it was on a massive sale. Amazon- paid and delivered.

2 of them.

So i had a choice...call or not call. So i called. They thanked me for the honesty and told me "keep it- its on them". I was shocked. So it ended up working out in the long run.

Not syaing that will happen here, but its Karma man.

That definitely isn't going to happen here. But I agree with Brennan that it could impact the salesman - even though he's the guy who forgot to run it. I fully expect it will shake out in their end-of-month reconciliation, but I want to go ahead and call to make sure he's protected.

I had a check for rent that didn't go through for nearly 2 months. I know it was deposited immediately because I saw it happen. Last week the bank passed the check through my account which royally would have screwed me over it they didn't fix the timing of it.

Yeah, I hear you. A check is a different matter because it posts right away.

But on that note, I have a substantial check that I sent to the state tax office last April that they still haven't deposited! I filed for an extension this year and I'm still waiting to finalize the return - and I'm a new resident so perhaps it is because they didn't have an open account for me and an extension doesn't cause a new account to open? I have no idea.

I have confirmed in writing that they received the check, but it still hasn't posted. I have the money in a money market at 1% that is tied to my checking on overdraft (with no fee) so I'm not worried about them posting it. But it's just weird.

And I believe in the time-value of money because it's true.

I don't understand the need for this statement. It's odd.

Are there people who don't think it's true? Were you just calling attention to the time value of money aspect of your transaction, or are you indicating knowledge of some faction that disputes basic arithmetic?

I don't understand the need for this statement. It's odd.

Are there people who don't think it's true? Were you just calling attention to the time value of money aspect of your transaction, or are you indicating knowledge of some faction that disputes basic arithmetic?

His premise was that it was better to pay now because I know the charge is coming. The premise of my response was that I'm prepared for it either way - and that leaves simply the timing of payment. Anytime you can pay later rather than now, it's better under the idea of the time-value of money. That was my point.

Do you still question its relevance?

His premise was that it was better to pay now because I know the charge is coming. The premise of my response was that I'm prepared for it either way - and that leaves simply the timing of payment. Anytime you can pay later rather than now, it's better under the idea of the time-value of money. That was my point.

Do you still dispute its relevance?

I didn't realize it was direct response to him. I viewed his argument more tailored for someone stretched thin who may not have the ability to pay next month or whatever.

The connection to your time value of money sentence didn't jump out at me. So what I was left with was the thought that you were privy to previous debates about whether the time value of money exists, which is so absurd I had to ask about it.

Carry on.

I didn't realize it was direct response to him. I viewed his argument more tailored for someone stretched thin who may not have the ability to pay next month or whatever.

Well you see, the way my bank is set up. I have two accounts, a checking and savings..... :ezbill: And I keep most of the money in the savings with just enough to buy whatever during the week. If I want/need to make a purchase/pay bill. I transfer money when I need it. It doesn't take 3 days though, so I can't finish Kevin's bit.

Edit: So when they passed that damn check through my account, I was under the impression that I had money in the checking because I had checked it the day before when I transferred money to buy a wall mount and sound bar. Next day, I withdrew some cash and received a text that my account was over drawn by .17 cents.

The connection to your time value of money sentence didn't jump out at me. So what I was left with was the thought that you were privy to previous debates about whether the time value of money exists, which is so absurd I had to ask about it.

Carry on.

:9:

Well you see, the way my bank is set up. I have two accounts, a checking and savings..... :ezbill: And I keep most of the money in the savings with just enough to buy whatever during the week. If I want/need to make a purchase/pay bill. I transfer money when I need it. It doesn't take 3 days though, so I can't finish Kevin's bit.

Edit: So when they passed that damn check through my account, I was under the impression that I had money in the checking because I had checked it the day before when I transferred money to buy a wall mount and sound bar. Next day, I withdrew some cash and received a text that my account was over drawn by .17 cents.

V3Y9Fh.gif

Actually shocked people haven't asked for pics of your wife - that always seems to be the currency for these help sessions
This season has moved people off their game

#thanksfleener

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom