So this D only 4 wks in (1 Viewer)

Dome patrol was the best linebacker corps in the history of the NFL. Dome patrol NEVER had Corners or Safties like: Jabari "shutdown" Greer. Tracy "Dont throw here" Porter. Darren "Pick 6" Sharper. or even Roman "Rushing God" Harper!

Fixed that up for ya

Sunday was a very Dome Patrol-like performance, but the Dome Patrol did it week in and week out for years. Kevin Kolb doesn't throw for 300+ against the Dome Patrol regardless of how many points the Offense scored.

The current secondary is much stronger on the outside than the DP teams, though.

Yea the dome patrol had the LBs and this team has probably the best secondary ever assembled by a saints coach. The funny part is that our weakness in our OLBs and the dome patrol that was their strength.

The Border Patrol defense is certainly different than the Dome Patrol. Dome Patrol was about the Linebackers kicking some you know what around.

The Border Patrol is built around the secondary and a complementary/heady MLB. While namely Shanle deserves a lot of credit for his role as well as the defensive line holding its own. This defense is about the secondary.

I dont know if any of you have noticed, but other than the Desean Jackson play, the majority of the yards are coming from underneath passes that they are giving up in garbage time and the over middle passes.

I cant crown this defense yet, but regardless i dont think it is as DOMINANT as the Dome Patrol, but definitely the best defense we have seen since then.

I wouldnt be surprised to see all 4 secondary members going to the pro-Bowl, like the Dome Patrol did, however, i think it would take another season for this defense to get the recongnition it deserves.

These guys are FUN to watch!

Sunday was a very Dome Patrol-like performance, but the Dome Patrol did it week in and week out for years. Kevin Kolb doesn't throw for 300+ against the Dome Patrol regardless of how many points the Offense scored.

The current secondary is much stronger on the outside than the DP teams, though.

This D is not (yet) is the same league as the Dome Patrol days. The defense outscored the offense yesterday. The Dome Patrol used to do that on a regular basis. Detroit wouldn't have scored against them.

This D is more like the early 80's teams with Bum and Wade Phillips.

I dont thank I have ever seen us take away the ball like this D has!

as good....better or pretty close to the Dome Patrol days??
I wanna wait a few more games esp...ones like Bucs and Lambs where we are "s-posed" to dominate..but leaning toward "pretty close"

This secondary across the board is better than the Dome Patrol's secondary, and the D line (if they continue playing like this) will give Jim Wilkes, Frank Warren, & Bruce Clark a serious run for their money... But it will be next to impossible for our LBers (while playing great) to surpass RJ, PS, SM, & VJ... Just not gonna happen.

Dome Patrol beta
Dome Patrol, Jr
Dome Patrol's illegitimate child
Mini Dome Patrol

i think we would even better next,2 years under this system add a couple key pieces to the defense like vince wilfork next to ellis,and draft a olb or de but if grant and smith continue to elevate their game it will be hard to draft a de plus hargrove looking good....but i can now see why the defense outshined the offense in training camp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom