So this is what we look like when we don't turn the ball over 3-4 times a game. (1 Viewer)

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

Eliminate the turnovers and this crew can whup anybody.

Establish the run and protect the ball...do that and we can beat anybody. I would really like to see the D get some turnovers though...never seems to happen.

Yeah, and our D didn't play all that great either. We got lucky on a few drops today, but so did ATL with Vick pulling quite a few plays out when they were blown. Vick is so frustrating to watch...........I can't imagine what it is like to have to try and stop the guy.

Regardless, as you said, we protected the ball and played efficient on offense and whaddya know? We controlled this game.

We didn't really control the game until our last offensive drive. Atlanta's pressure was giving us a lot of problems, and we got defensive help from their receivers simply not being very good. Thank God for Copper's Hail Mary catch, because that changed the complexion of the game in our favor throughout the second half. We've still got a lot of stuff to clean up if we want to do damage in the postseason..

And once again, Brees is Mr. Fourth Quarter. This guy's ability to raise the level of his performance when the game is on the line is absolutely remarkable.

I think this stat is the most important regarding what we've seen the past few weeks in the losses.

It's exactly why I didn't worry much--clean up some of the turnovers and everything else takes care of itself.

I had to listen on the Satellite radio but it sounded pretty impressive.

I just went to the box score and was disappointed to see the rushing yards we gave up (200+) but that is what Atlanta does well I guess.

I think this stat is the most important regarding what we've seen the past few weeks in the losses.

It's exactly why I didn't worry much--clean up some of the turnovers and everything else takes care of itself.

And give the ball to Deuce more as you've been saying for months now. He broke a couple of nice ones today.

You happy now? :)

I had to listen on the Satellite radio but it sounded pretty impressive.

I just went to the box score and was disappointed to see the rushing yards we gave up (200+) but that is what Atlanta does well I guess.

Yeah, but 166 of those rushing yards were by Vick on improvised runs. I've always said that it's not Vick that has killed when we've lost to Atlanta, it's been Dunn. In both games this year, we shut Dunn down and we swept the Falcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom