So...three straight non-playoff seasons. Does that mean we are a lock for Hard Knocks? (1 Viewer)

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
I remember it was down to us and the Rams last year but the draw of the return to Los Angeles was too great a storyline.

Since we are sans postseason again, are we now the front runners for 2017?

The Browns, possibly coming off an 0-16 season might be more compelling television but I guess you never know.

As much as I enjoy the show and the access would be cool, I don't want the Saints on this show.

I remember it was down to us and the Rams last year but the draw of the return to Los Angeles was too great a storyline.

Since we are sans postseason again, are we now the front runners for 2017?

The Browns, possibly coming off an 0-16 season might be more compelling television but I guess you never know.

As much as I enjoy the show and the access would be cool, I don't want the Saints on this show.

Depends if the Raiders move and what the Chargers do. Also if Coughlin goes to the Jags, we might see that.

they may want to spotlight Los Angeles, but they're not going to do the Rams again and the Chargers don't move the needle.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't pick us. HoF QB, coach on the hot seat, cool city, etc.

all that being said, if we have to be on one of these shows I'd rather be on the amazon version.

they may want to spotlight Los Angeles, but they're not going to do the Rams again and the Chargers don't move the needle.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't pick us. HoF QB, coach on the hot seat, cool city, etc.

all that being said, if we have to be on one of these shows I'd rather be on the amazon version.

Yeah, good points.

The show is as much about the scenery and the nightlife as anything. The only thing is, our training camp is at a resort in West Virginia, so all of the cool New Orleans transitions and scenery would only appear in the last episode or two.

I forgot that Jacksonville might bring Coughlin back in. That could be interesting. Not sure another season in Los Angeles is going to bring the interest they'd want.

The Browns could be a draw just because of the history of the city and the possibility of an 0-16 season.

I really hope it isn't us. We seem to be a very "distracted" team as is. I can't imagine how focused they'd be with dozens of cameras in their faces during what will be a very crucial training camp for this team.

I've never watched hard knocks because frankly I've had no reason too. Why don't you want the team on the show? I know SP doesn't because of the intrusion but is that the same reason you guys don't want us on there too? I'd personally like to see some of the behind the scenes stuff.....it may help me understand what's been going on with our team the last several years.

I'm all for it. Would be pretty awesome to have that type of coverage of a super bowl season. Hopefully.

The show is awesome.
Really shows the inner workings of an NFL team.

Last year's Texans was outstanding, this past year's Rams wasn't as exciting.

Bill Obrien is a hot and intense coach, the meetings with him and coaches are priceless. Vince Wilfork would have some moments, he's hysterical. Watching Clowney's unreal work to get back from injury. Watching Watt while off the field, and the best of all are the full team meetings run by OBrien.

Funny, intense, authentic....very cool stuff. Watching the last meeting, when the rooks had to do a comedy skit......this one dude got on stage and impersonated Bill OBrien. The vets were dying of laughter. It was really cool.

Then the best moments are following a few rooks hoping to make the team. To see them get the call that they made it, you can feel the tension. I even cried when one got the call, then called his mom, she's flipping out, it was awesome.

You also see the cuts.....dude it's brutal.

I would LOVE to see the Saints.......there's no way you could not be interested in this behind closed doors view.

I know Payton says he'll never be taped cutting someone, but that's fine. They don't have to show it. You still could follow the journey.

Once you know a rook is playing for their lives in the 4th quarter of a throwaway 4th preseason game, and they highlight one play, where he does something special, or misses and assignment, it's awesome television.

I may be mis-remembering, but aren't teams with first year coaches excluded from consideration?

I may be mis-remembering, but aren't teams with first year coaches excluded from consideration?

Teams that have been to the playoffs within the previous two seasons and teams with new coaches I think are the only exceptions.

We won't have a new coach, so we are ripe for the picking. ;)

Teams that have been to the playoffs within the previous two seasons and teams with new coaches I think are the only exceptions.

We won't have a new coach, so we are ripe for the picking. ;)

They are also exempt if they've been on the show the last 10 years.

It doesn't mean they won't take a volunteer, but the exempt list is:

1)Been to the playoffs in the last 2 years
2)Team with a first year coach
3)Been on the show in the last 10 years

I have never been for it before as I always parroted whatever the Coach wanted. But, heck, our system seems broke so I say bring it on. Maybe it would be so uncomfortable it would force us to play better football and make the playoffs if for no other reason than to get off the hard knocks candidate list.

Can you imagine the mind games Payton and the staff will play on the Hard Knocks crew?

Might be worth it for that alone.

*Edit: I say, first day on set, just rolls and rolls of Bounty paper towels lining the hallways.

We should Hire Greg Williams back if they put us on Hard Knocks just for spite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom