So unfair to Brees (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Guys, here’s the answer Brees gave to the question just before his controversial answer.
IMG_4139.MOV
IT WAS A PERFECT ANSWER
TO HOW WE MUST MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER.
Then when asked about kneeling, he said I will never agree with disrespecting the flag or the anthem, NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE THAT KNEEL or in any way calling out the individuals who did it. He only said in general he doesn’t agree with disrespecting the flag. Those that have decided to go crazy should agree with that statement.
In taking their word that they did not intend to disrespect the flag and anthem, it seems they are agreeing with Brees that they have great respect for the flag and anthem.
In summary, parsing Drew’s words and ignoring his answer to the previous question is completely unfair to a pretty good human being. Can’t afford to treat too many of the good ones this way or we’ll lose their participation in finding solutions to the problems we face.

It won't matter. The media already ran wild with it and everyone jumped on it. He's too much of a class act and has done way too much for the league, the city, and its people to have to deal with the circus that was created by simply exercising his right to free speech. He chose to fall on the sword with his apology. I would say the reasoning behind it was:

1. He did hear from current and former teammates that he respect tremendously and so is trying to listen to what they have to say
2. He chose to not let the team self-destruct over his opinions
3. He probably feared for his family or home in some form. No matter how strong your belief is in something you choose the safety of your family first.

I would say when Brees retires he will be gone to San Diego in the blink of an eye and I don't blame him.

So basically before the controversial snippet, he talks about how he believes God all created us all as equal and how we all need to come together somehow. That is a shame that part was cut out, but I guess they felt like it wasn't a part of what would make the video so popular. There was an agenda there, and Brees was baited right into it. He has repeatedly stated how he is against any form of injustice and stands with those who feel victimized or mistreated. Yet, he was taught to respect the flag and what he believes the Nation Anthem stands for. Of course, that doesn't mean everyone will share that same view, but I don't believe he deserved the backlash he received. His public apology sounded very sincere, and I do believe he means it when he says he will try to listen and grow.

1591307211624.png

Last edited:
Yep, poor Drew was treated so unfair. Looked what happened to him.

1. He lost his starting QB job
2. The saints cut him and no other team will sign him.
3. He lost all of his income and savings.
4. His businesses went bankrupt.
5. His wife divorced him and took the kids because of what he said.

actually none of the above happened and he’s in the same place he was 3 days ago. His ego and reputation are the only things that took a hit.

in the grand scheme of things he had 1 night of “crap everybody is turning against me now, I need to do something to stop it” reflection and gets a break that many people don’t just by apologizing. The apology was his parachute.

sometimes people show you how they truly feel when they’re caught of guard with a question. His future actions will show the person he truly is and I’m open to seeing those actions.

I just think he simply wasn't educated enough before speaking about it. Everyone kinda of blew it out of proportion after his opinion, albeit a bad opinion but still. I don't think he meant no disrespect towards anyone. Kamara's words for me were the best on the subject he said he talked to brees and that he gets it now and that's good enough for me.

It won't matter. The media already ran wild with it and everyone jumped on it. He's too much of a class act and has done way too much for the league, the city, and its people to have to deal with the circus that was created by simply exercising his right to free speech. He chose to fall on the sword with his apology. I would say the reasoning behind it was:

1. He did hear from current and former teammates that he respect tremendously and so is trying to listen to what they have to say
2. He chose to not let the team self-destruct over his opinions
3. He probably feared for his family or home in some form. No matter how strong your belief is in something you choose the safety of your family first.

I would say when Brees retires he will be gone to San Diego in the blink of an eye and I don't blame him.
Little secret....we are everywhere.

He'll be okay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom