So unfair to Brees (1 Viewer)

What ever happens to man to man face to face conversation instead of putting people on full blast on twitter verse if you don't agree with someone? I am not fan of social media and despise it with a passion. Drew has never ever call anyone out and I know he was not happy with a lot of players in the past for whatever reason. The man is full of class to even do such a thing. But for his own teammates to do this him was a hell shame. Doesn't bother me if they don't agree with him. The method they use to express their displeasure is a problem I have with it.

What ever happens to man to man face to face conversation instead of putting people on full blast on twitter verse if you don't agree with someone? I am not fan of social media and despise it with a passion. Drew has never ever call anyone out and I know he was not happy with a lot of players in the past for whatever reason. The man is full of class to even do such a thing. But for his own teammates to do this him was a hell shame. Doesn't bother me if they don't agree with him. The method they use to express their displeasure is a problem I have with it.

Hear hear!

I couldn't agree more about so-called "social media." The masses of those who have a compulsion to "express" every single thought in their heads just because they can, or in order to receive "likes" and try to validate their own opinions and derive some sense of social acceptance (albeit on a faceless, unaccountable format that only exists to enflame the cowardly, self-righteous egos of its members), have become the mob which perpetuates its own culture by constantly attacking those who disagree with their mob mentality.

Decorum and the right to agree to disagree be damned. It's a sad commentary and shameful disgrace that does not bode well for the future of our society.

100% agree. I would love to see an apology from Malcolm Jenkins, Mike Thomas, and others but I know that will never ever happen.

100% agree. I would love to see an apology from Malcolm Jenkins, Mike Thomas, and others but I know that will never ever happen.
I will be fair...Thomas wasn't that bad. He was a little shocked at Brees for saying that and didn't come off at Brees on Twitter like Jenkins did. But I would of hope they could of at least call him to advise or talk to him about the interview.

Guys, here’s the answer Brees gave to the question just before his controversial answer.
IMG_4139.MOV
IT WAS A PERFECT ANSWER
TO HOW WE MUST MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER.
Then when asked about kneeling, he said I will never agree with disrespecting the flag or the anthem, NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE THAT KNEEL or in any way calling out the individuals who did it. He only said in general he doesn’t agree with disrespecting the flag. Those that have decided to go crazy should agree with that statement.
In taking their word that they did not intend to disrespect the flag and anthem, it seems they are agreeing with Brees that they have great respect for the flag and anthem.
In summary, parsing Drew’s words and ignoring his answer to the previous question is completely unfair to a pretty good human being. Can’t afford to treat too many of the good ones this way or we’ll lose their participation in finding solutions to the problems we face.
He said "I will stand with you." He did not say "I ll kneel with you." Sorry, but no change in position on kneeling.

It won't matter. The media already ran wild with it and everyone jumped on it. He's too much of a class act and has done way too much for the league, the city, and its people to have to deal with the circus that was created by simply exercising his right to free speech. He chose to fall on the sword with his apology. I would say the reasoning behind it was:

1. He did hear from current and former teammates that he respect tremendously and so is trying to listen to what they have to say
2. He chose to not let the team self-destruct over his opinions
3. He probably feared for his family or home in some form. No matter how strong your belief is in something you choose the safety of your family first.

I would say when Brees retires he will be gone to San Diego in the blink of an eye and I don't blame him.
It saddens me and reading these comments from some reminds me why I’ve stayed away.
I’ve met drew and been fortunate to have a relationship with the team to have been on the field and in the locker room. I also volunteer my spare time as a police officer. I can honestly say Drew is the closest thing to a “saint” we have ever seen. He has done more for this city than anyone before him regardless of political belief. I’ve seen him stand in the rain at practice to sign for military people. I’ve seen him request the barricade be moved so he can meet with the handicap. I’ve seen him sign napkins and diapers because that’s all someone had. He’s built playgrounds for the handicap and 8 weeks ago when kids were going to go hungry here he gave 5m to feed ALL kids. The man has a right to his opinion and he has earned my gratitude for everything he has done. I can respect his opinion even if I do or do not agree with him. My family grew up in a communist country and was given the opportunity to do well here. The other night on the crescent city, the police radio alert was some of the protestors wanted to visit brees house. We know better and are better than this to threaten this man’s home. It’s unacceptable and unfortunate considering all the things this great guy has done for this city. I truly believe there is not a bad bone in his body. Judge a man by his honest intentions and not his execution.

An apology would be just another insincere BS show. No more apologies. The apologies are ticking me off. Have a spine and some level of conviction. If someone doesn’t like what you have to say...they can grow a pair. I’m over it.

Personally I think that a lot of the vitriol direct toward Brees is racist. Many of the people who can't find it in their heart to give Brees the benefit of a doubt even after his apology for an insensitive remark have no problem forgiving Vick for years of horrible cruelty to animals just because he said he was sorry.
Hate away. It's what haters do.

You are correct. Do you think Brees would ever call out a teammate on Twitter? Nope. Otherwise he would've called someone out like Snead for hurting the team and his teammates? Nope he would've gone to them privately.

Here’s the transcript with full interview how can that one statement be pulled out. Great interview from a great leader.
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/drew-brees-nfl-season-well-154642768.html
All that Brees has done, all the millions of dollars raised/spent, mean nothing when the mob comes calling. One opinion stated and his opinion is just not welcome. Dissent is crushed. Contrary opinions scorned. Friendships and families destroyed...over an opinion. A thought expressed publicly. Do we really no longer want any freedom at all. Do we want government approved, mandatory, talking points? Our freedoms are eroding and the question is, who will feel the brunt?

After seeing how some of his teammates really feel about him, I see tough times ahead for the Saints. I'm not sure I can continue to watch this team play anymore.

I think I’ve learned through this process that there is probably a very deep seeded resentment around the league toward white QBs. The suck up a lot of the salary cap and a lot of the media attention.

I think I’ve learned through this process that there is probably a very deep seeded resentment around the league toward white QBs. The suck up a lot of the salary cap and a lot of the media attention.

Well on average Drew is probably closer to the middle of the pack on starting QB salaries. He has taken less than market value on two contracts now. That's 5-10 mil/yr he leaves on the table for his teammates. Real soon the highest paid QBs are going to be Pat Mahomes and Dak Prescott. Then soon after Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson will get there. Wilson is already the highest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom