So, we are now the #1 Seed in the NFC (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since the Seahawks won the game last night, that makes us the #1 Seed in the NFC! If we take care of our own business, we are right back where we were last year.

The way I see it, we are fighting 2 things for the rest of this season, and the Playoffs. The Ref's, and our problem on offense.

These are the 2 things we can't really control. We are what we are at this point. The Ref's are going to do what they have been doing to us all season long. They have it in for Sean Payton, and are doing everything they can to show him that they aren't controlled by him. I think it's Al Riveron who is flexing his muscles.

The #2 and Slot Receiver problem is not going to go away. At this point, there is nothing that could be done about it anyway. I still believe, though, that Coach Payton has something up his sleeve that nobody knows about, waiting to unveil it at the right moment.

Things are beginning to shape up to what's going to happen in the Playoffs. We now are pretty much set in who the best teams are in the league.

Saints, Ravens, Seahawks, Niners, Packers are the best teams. Elite, if you will. Tough teams are: Vikings, Patriots, Bills. Above average with a chance: Dallas, Kansas City.

I believe we can beat any of these teams, and we will come out of the NFC going to the Superbowl if we just take care of our own business. Geaux Saints.

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
And being the #1 seed now means NOTHING, unless they keep winning.

The Saints are guaranteed at least a #3 seed, but it looks as though they will have to win out to keep it. I don't believe the Rams will whip the Seahawks in Los Angeles, but we should definitely root for the Rams in that one. If the Saints could win the next 3 games, and the Rams could beat Seattle... that would mean Payton could rest starters in Week 17 at Carolina.

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score
But clinching the division in November means something. Poor 49ers going from first seed to 5th seed in one game is rough.
Exactly. Looking at the playoff machine we can finish out going 0-4 and the lowest we will fall is the 3 seed. Dallas losing to Buffalo pretty much locked us up the 3rd seed at a minimum.

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score
Exactly. Looking at the playoff machine we can finish out going 0-4 and the lowest we will fall is the 3 seed. Dallas losing to Buffalo pretty much locked us up the 3rd seed at a minimum.

And to go further 2-2 will get us the #2 seed as long as Minnesota beats Green Bay in week 16.

Reaction score
I remember that Lions - Packers game. That was the most gift wrapped game from an officiating perspective all season. Even worse than the gift they gave the panthers against us.
The Packers losing that game (nfc opponent) would have really hurt their chance of a potential bye week.

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
I know it may sound crazy, but looking at the possible matchups I’m not sure if I even want the top seed. Right now we would likely get the winner of Dallas and the 49ers unless the Vikings go into Green Bay and beat the Packers. I much rather play the Packers than the 49ers or Seahawks.

So the top seed will likely get the Seahawks or 49ers, who are two of the top 3 teams in the NFC IMO, in the second round unless the 6 seed beats the 3 seed or the Packers get the 2 seed.

It all depends on this weekend and how we look against the 49ers on whether I want the top seed. I think I’ll be pulling for the Packers to get that 2nd seed, but doubt that happens. I want homefield to go to the Super Bowl, but I also want to win that first playoff game for even a shot at it too.

Reaction score
Bye weeks are overrated. When it is single elimination, bye weeks can swing both ways. Make you healthy or rusty. Remember how we did after the last bye week?

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score
Bye weeks are overrated. When it is single elimination, bye weeks can swing both ways. Make you healthy or rusty. Remember how we did after the last bye week?
When it comes to the playoffs I'm taking the automatic berth into the 2nd round every time. We are 2-0 in the playoffs coming off bye's.

NEBaghead

Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it may sound crazy, but looking at the possible matchups I’m not sure if I even want the top seed. Right now we would likely get the winner of Dallas and the 49ers unless the Vikings go into Green Bay and beat the Packers. I much rather play the Packers than the 49ers or Seahawks.

So the top seed will likely get the Seahawks or 49ers, who are two of the top 3 teams in the NFC IMO, in the second round unless the 6 seed beats the 3 seed or the Packers get the 2 seed.

It all depends on this weekend and how we look against the 49ers on whether I want the top seed. I think I’ll be pulling for the Packers to get that 2nd seed, but doubt that happens. I want homefield to go to the Super Bowl, but I also want to win that first playoff game for even a shot at it too.
This is an excellent point. SF or Seattle as the Wildcard will reek havoc in the play offs. The #3 and #4 Seed teams will likely be easier opponents than the Wild Cards.

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
I'm run though all the scenarios on the simulator, to keep the #1 see the Saints must defeat San Francisco. If they loose, they best they can hope for is the 3rd seed.

Sunday will determine if the Saints have a chance at a bye week in the playoffs or not.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
I'm run though all the scenarios on the simulator, to keep the #1 see the Saints must defeat San Francisco. If they loose, they best they can hope for is the 3rd seed.

Sunday will determine if the Saints have a chance at a bye week in the playoffs or not.
The #3 seed basically means the Saints will play the Vikings @ N.O. In the WC round. That’s a very dangerous game/matchup for the Saints. The Vikings with Diggs, a healthy Thielen, Cook, and that OL could easily end the Saints season.

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score

We can lose to San Fransico and still get a bye if Green Bay loses to Minnesota (or anyone else). That's the only way.

If we beat San Fransico then beat Tennesee and Indy we can take off the last week vs Carolina and still have the #1 seed. Nevermind. If we end up in a three way tie with Seattle-Green Bay-New Orleans then we get the 3rd seed if the loss is to Carolina. If we lose to an AFC team then we are the #1 seed in that tie breaking scenario.

Ok. I'm going to stop playing with this thing until after this weeks games. LOL.

Last edited:

anoldfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Saints and Seahawks are the two teams I would be worried about if I were one of the other playoff teams. They almost always guarantee you a fight to the very last minute. Brees and Wilson are two quarterbacks that I would fear the most. I do think we have the edge in coaching but that is only when “Cute Sean” stays home and the real coach Payton shows up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom