So, we are now the #1 Seed in the NFC (2 Viewers)

Saints and Seahawks are the two teams I would be worried about if I were one of the other playoff teams. They almost always guarantee you a fight to the very last minute. Brees and Wilson are two quarterbacks that I would fear the most. I do think we have the edge in coaching but that is only when “Cute Sean” stays home and the real coach Payton shows up.

I still don't trust the Chiefs defense. They've improved in pass defense over last year,but are worse against the run. In the playoffs
the latter is usually more important.

Oh absolutely, I agree. Their defense will still be their Achilles heal in the post season

I understand the comments that currently being the #1 seed really doesn’t matter with a month of football left to play. Even so, I’d rather be sitting at the top controlling our own destiny than to be behind looking up. It’s all in front of the team and there for the taking. Let’s hope coach comes up with a great game plan this week and our players execute it. Who Dat!
Amen. You would think we would be thrilled to be good enough to be the #1 seed with a month left. Yes, that can change with a loss or two, but I'm still happy to have that positioning as of right now.

3-0

(2006, 2009 and 2018)

I completely forgot 2006.

tenor.gif

I know it may sound crazy, but looking at the possible matchups I’m not sure if I even want the top seed. Right now we would likely get the winner of Dallas and the 49ers unless the Vikings go into Green Bay and beat the Packers. I much rather play the Packers than the 49ers or Seahawks.

So the top seed will likely get the Seahawks or 49ers, who are two of the top 3 teams in the NFC IMO, in the second round unless the 6 seed beats the 3 seed or the Packers get the 2 seed.

It all depends on this weekend and how we look against the 49ers on whether I want the top seed. I think I’ll be pulling for the Packers to get that 2nd seed, but doubt that happens. I want homefield to go to the Super Bowl, but I also want to win that first playoff game for even a shot at it too.
I want the #1 seed, even though I get your point and I am not dismissing it. I want it because it guarantees that whomever we play, we play them in the dome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom