So what can we improve upon? (1 Viewer)

watts

@saintsinthe70s
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, let me say this was a GREAT win. To go on the road and drop 48 on the Eagles is a huge statement. Brees is, without question, the best QB in the NFL right now and the way the defense is making plays gives me more confidence about any Saints team ever that we can go deep in the playoffs.
<O:pBut I think we can constructively critique the way we play because I genuinely believe we can play the 'perfect' game at some point this year

1) Two games in a row with a long kick return is a bit concerning. I don&#8217;t think we are at the point in the season when we can give teams short fields. I think we will get there by mid-season, and two games do not a trend make, but the team should continue to make upgrades on the coverage unit.

2) I think Reggie is still trying to do too much on punt returns and should be a bit more patient.
<O:p<O:p
3) The drive at the end of the half by the Eagles was not something I would like to see out of the defense. Yes, they only kicked a FG but there will, again, come times when the D needs to step up and make a play.

<O:p4) Morstead kicked the ball out of bounds and Devery made a another catch that -while he turned into a first down - he ran back that would have lost a first if he was tackled. Ticky tack stuff that the team can be coach up.
<O:p<O:p
That's pretty much it. GREAT game and Who Dat!

Last edited:

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Almost 50 points given-up in two weeks. Just one thing they will focus on.

Teams like the Ravens will keep us probably around 27 points.

DMaestro

Sucker Puncher
Reaction score
Teams like the Ravens will keep us probably around 27 points.

Not the way they're looking so far. Even Kansas City exploded on them.

And after seeing the Tennessee defense get shredded by the Texans, I don't think there's a defense out there worthy of fear.

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me about this team that I still haven't seen much of is a pass rush, even though the defense is improving and getting better overall(creating turnovers, secondary and LBers playing very well, stopping the runetc) I'm still a little concerned with our ability to get to the QB. I hope it doesn't hurt us too many times this year.

mulletslinger

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
i cant read the op, since its in all black and blends in with the background...

we can improve on special teams and i want to see more three and outs.

Nah 2019

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
1. Special teams still having big problems

2. No pass rush with 4 man rush

platinumvinnyv

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
eagles titans and giants probably have the best offensive line in the league, smith mccray and hargrove was able to put pressure on kolb

even the giants DL dont get to qb every play watch the whole game not just giant highlights

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

And after seeing the Tennessee defense get shredded by the Texans, I don't think there's a defense out there worthy of fear.

Actually watching Steelers now and you may be right. But, this is the devil on our shoulders right now. Lets say that match-ups become a wash and we can lay 35-50 each week. There's not a huge chance of that actually happening. Murphy is a b*itch. Injuries, cold weather matchups, Drew with an off-day(s)...he had a few of them last year. We have to lower the amount we allow the other team to post on the board, all around.

Shrimpnose

Selector
Reaction score
more home games, cheaper beer, get caps on water and soft drinks, even BETTER looking women, bigger seats...the team's set.

SaintAtPitt

Hold that Tiger!
Reaction score

I didn't realize 188 total yds qualified as "exploding" on a defense, lol. One TD of KC's came on a punt block return, and another came after KC got the ball on Baltimore's 6yd line.

SaintAtPitt

Hold that Tiger!
Reaction score
eagles titans and giants probably have the best offensive line in the league, smith mccray and hargrove was able to put pressure on kolb

Not sure how much I'd agree with the Eagles having one of the best OLs. They just lost their starting RT (Shawn Andrews) for the season and just demoted his brother (Stacey) from RG. I don't think that really qualifies them as having one of the top OLs (especially top 3) in the NFL.

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

You know D, we probably need to watch the Giants tonight and fan-scout them. They are probably going to be our biggest headache, in my (early) opinion.

OP
watts

watts

@saintsinthe70s
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
more home games, cheaper beer, get caps on water and soft drinks, even BETTER looking women, bigger seats...the team's set.

Post of the week. Not up for debate.

Shrimpnose sightings are rare. Nobody make any sudden moves to scare him away.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Though the team is well coached, we need to improve:
- dline pass rush.
- kickoff coverage.
- sideline coverage within last minute of a half.
- field goal kicking.
- punt returns.
- If Bell is out, then we'll probably be talking about running, though I think Pierre will do fine.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1) Too many big ST returns against us.
2) No more corner blitzes where we give Harper primary responsibility for deep coverage.
3) Not enough pressure from our D line.
4) Brees has been phenomenal, but he should have thrown the ball away on his INT. Sometimes he gets greedy and thinks he can throw through defenders. But that's almost like criticizing Santa Claus for not being generous enough after he left a bunch of presents under the tree!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom