So, what do we do now? (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Now that the best FAs are off the market, (there was only like 4, anyway) what are we supposed to do now? I'm all for going after big names, and picking up depth like Gay, but what can we do now? There is only 1 decent corner left on the market, and that guy is leaving New Orleans tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to jump on the 'build through the draft' bandwagon.
Here's to trading up to get Ellis/Dorsey or picking up DRC at 10, and WE NEED TO TRADE FOR LITO!

Dont know about you but im gonna kick my cat and set my front lawn on fire

Sign one or more of these guys:

Alge Crumpler
David Patten
Randy Moss
Michael Turner
Javon Walker
Michael Boley

Briggs is just one guy, and so many of us have made mock drafts that give us amazing defenses without anybody like Briggs or Samuel. And WE HAVE VILMA!! We should celebrate not cry.

We sign scrubs and start them with hopes they can be our next Mark Simoneaux

. And WE HAVE VILMA!! We should celebrate not cry.

But who knows if this guy will even be able to start on opening day.

Thats why we re signed Simoneaux.

don't be surprised if Simoneaux is our starter in Week 1

Vima could be 100% healthy and we can still possibly start Simoneax. Nothing suprises me with this team.

Briggs is just one guy, and so many of us have made mock drafts that give us amazing defenses without anybody like Briggs or Samuel. And WE HAVE VILMA!! We should celebrate not cry.

Absolutely right. And I'll be right there with you...tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to drown in the free agency tsunami.

There is always the possibility of driving up on top of the Mississippi River Bridge and jumping off to ease the pain. Myself personally find that hard to do see I live in the desert. I guess there's always the hoover dam.

eric

Now that the best FAs are off the market, (there was only like 4, anyway) what are we supposed to do now?

It is the considered opinion of the usual and VERY vocal minority of the SSF that our only option is to either shut the franchise down, commit suicide or both.

Personally, I think we move on to looking at other free agents since we are only ONE day into free agency and there are still plenty of good players out there. Samuel would have been very nice, but he didn't get past his visit in Philly and I'm still not sure that any CB, short of maybe Champ Bailey or Deion in his prime, is worth that sort of money. Briggs signed with his old team. Despite his prior comments, it's hard to sign a guy away from his old team if the money is close. Beyond that, $6 million per year was too much for Briggs. He is largely a product of their system and even if he is not, we need a WLB who can blitz and get pressure on the QB, Briggs is not that guy.

St. Widge you make some sense, but I am just frustrated right now. So I am letting off some steam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom