So where does hargrove fit in all this? (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanatic

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Ok honestly i haven't heard Ellis' name much this season...but hargrove comes in and replaces him and makes an IMMEDIATE impact, blowing up the line on that one running play and sacking the ball carrier in the backfield, and having another tackle in the backfield(can't remember if it was a sack or not). Will he supplant the 1st rounder as a starter or will they scheme to get him in on more plays?

Great game, but our D-line is about rotation not really 'starters.' Ellis is better all around while Hargrove is the better pass rusher. We need to be at full strength though...however, I am very encouraged by what I saw...

He fits right between Remi Ayodele and Charles Grant.

Ellis eats double teams and is stout against the run. Hargrove is more in the vein of a La'Roi Glover, a true pass rusher at the DT position.

Hopefully Ellis is out a game or two and Hargrove plays well enough to remain the starter!! Having two guys is never a bad thing!!!

I'd like to see an Ellis-Hargrove combination, ideally, with heavy rotation. Hope Ellis is alright.

He's a starter, now. Never should have been on the bench. Nothing against Ellis, but Hargrove is a play-maker. It's time for Clancy to step-up if Ellis is out for any significant time. It may be a sprained knee, rather than ligament. Not sure, yet.

If he outplays Ellis and takes his spot, I'm all for it. I'm all for having the best players on the field. That said, I think Ellis's spot is fairly safe. You can't use stats alone to gauge the play of a DT. Remember Vilma blowing up a few of those plays in the backfield? That was on the right side of the line, where Ellis plays.

I hope the big guy gets healthy soon.

Ellis eats double teams and is stout against the run. Hargrove is more in the vein of a La'Roi Glover, a true pass rusher at the DT position.

this. Alot of you guys must follow the ball when you're watching football. Sed Ellis is a double team eating fool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom