So... Where was you the last time Saints got shut out? (1 Viewer)

High school. Interestingly living in the same town I’m living right now - but boy have I been to some places between then and now.

January 6th 2002

I was in grade school.
That was the last game of our last season in the old NFC West. Lost to ... the 49ers.

Also Deuce's rookie season, and Willie Roaf's last with the Saints.

I was was a junior in college, thought I would finish that the next year... it was 7 years and 4 major changes later before I got my first degree.

At the time I never thought we could possibly go 20 years without being shut out. It has been the best 20 years in franchise history without a doubt. The last 17 in particular.

I mean that was the end of the 2001 Season... from the 1997 - 2001 season, our last 5 years in the West, we were shut out 4 times.

January 6, 2002 vs 49ers
October 11, 1998 vs 49ers
October 19, 1997 vs Panthers
October 26, 1997 vs 49ers

We were 32 - 48 during that stretch, had Abramowicz show it COULD get worse than Carl Smith, traded a ransom in picks to see Ricky in a wedding dress, and got flipped off by Ditka... but we did get that first ever playoff win, 34 seasons in the making.

Why do they pronounce Newark as New-Ark in DE? : - )

I know I went there a few times, but I don't recall why exactly - mostly just riding through.

Thoroughly enjoyed my *2 years* in DE - did a lot of motorcycle riding in the region including riding in SCRC group rides in PA, NJ, MD and VA. (I also revamped an online site of an automobile tour of 10 covered bridges in the region (DE, MD and PA) to a total of 13 bridges for an awesome motorcycle ride!)

I quit after 2 years because I wanted to do more travelling around the country.

(Before leaving DE, I got to ride in Rolling Thunder 2002 in DC which was the first Rolling Thunder ride after 9/11 - it was fun to watch the continual flow of motorcycles into the Pentagon parking lot prior to the ride - LOTs of different motorcycles and riders "of all shapes and sizes" rolling in from all across the country.)

(Also did a ride from PA up to the Eagle's Nest in NY, and... did a 15-day Most Excellent Adventure with a small group of PA and NJ SCRC riders up to Maine via NY, VT, NH, and MA!)(I actually left a week earlier than the group and went to NH via Cape Cod, MA)

(Sorry for this "motorcycle tangent"...)
It is indeed New-Ark and that’s how I say it now as well haha! I guess they just wanted to emphasize the fact they weren’t Newark NJ. It’s funny because that’s not a ton of Delaware specific accent/dialect…. Most of everything you here is Philly accent, NY accent, etc. I’m still trying to nail down what the DE accent is.

I’m a car person so I understand the motorcycle love. I buy a new car every 6-months to a year or so. If they aren’t fast I’m not interested.

Hope they get it figured out. Wouldn't want the Yucks to hang another zero on us. Back to back would be brutal.

I was at that game. I believe they scheduled this game late due to 9/11. At one point I believe the Saints were 7-4 and lost the final few games in a complete disaster form, and the 49ers was the last game.

I was in the building. And a senior in high school. Remember the game vividly. I believe Terrell Owens was “held” to like 2 catches for 150yds and 2 TD. My most vivid memory of that year was the point after with Buddy D when after we started 6-1 a “squirrel” called to shut down any super bowl talk about astrology and alignment of the stars and moon or something and how the saints would not go anywhere. We were 6-1!!! We proceeded to miss the playoffs.
I think I remember that call. The game the Saints lost to the Jaguars in 03 after the missed XP, the Paper wrote an article called "Hell to Pay", basically talking about all the bad luck the Saints have had leading up to that point.
At the end of the article, they interviewed the guy who made that statement and he said that the Saints should hire someone like him to help out signing the right FAs so that everything would line up astrology wise. Those were crazy times and I miss Buddy's calls after the game. He made handling losses a lot easier.

It is indeed New-Ark and that’s how I say it now as well haha! I guess they just wanted to emphasize the fact they weren’t Newark NJ. It’s funny because that’s not a ton of Delaware specific accent/dialect…. Most of everything you here is Philly accent, NY accent, etc. I’m still trying to nail down what the DE accent is.

I’m a car person so I understand the motorcycle love. I buy a new car every 6-months to a year or so. If they aren’t fast I’m not interested.
Sooo.. how fast do you drive through Covered Bridges!!!! lol

We're almost twins when it comes to cars! (Not really, my previous car was a 1994 Honda Accord that I got rid of in 2020.) : - ) )

Not sure if you're interested in this...:

I’m admittedly confused on the emphasis on old covered bridges, but you certainly have gained my curiosity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom