So... Where was you the last time Saints got shut out? (1 Viewer)

VPCajun

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Offutt AFB in Nebraska. Home of USSTRATCOM.
Gesundheit!

My 1st duty assignment in 1973 was a SAC (Strategic Air Command) unit at Robins AFB, GA.
(I worked on the electronics of a Hound Dog missile - sort of a precursor to air launched cruise missiles. A B-52 carried one under each wing.)

(I presume SAC was a long ago forerunner of USSTRATCOM.)

SAC Motto: "Peace is our Profession"

To which GI's added, "War is just a Hobby"

BayouSAINTJoe

YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm not that P'Oed about being shut out...I'm more P'Oed about how we look, we could've scored 6 and I'd be upset about how inept we are on O. This is all on this stupid conservative, ball-less offensive strategy we're putting out week in/week out.

And for DA to say this is the game we wanted to play...tells me all I need to know about this regime. They need to go now, before the season's over so that we can get a head start on getting candidates lined up.

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah yes, 2002, the year I started permanently celebrating my 39th birthday.

Like every other home game between 1976 and about 2015 I was there. Thank God I don't really remember much about it.
That was the first year we were in the same section together watching that debacle of a game.

fanoftheyear7

Veteran
Reaction score
I was in the building. And a senior in high school. Remember the game vividly. I believe Terrell Owens was “held” to like 2 catches for 150yds and 2 TD. My most vivid memory of that year was the point after with Buddy D when after we started 6-1 a “squirrel” called to shut down any super bowl talk about astrology and alignment of the stars and moon or something and how the saints would not go anywhere. We were 6-1!!! We proceeded to miss the playoffs.

fanoftheyear7

Veteran
Reaction score
I was in the building. And a senior in high school. Remember the game vividly. I believe Terrell Owens was “held” to like 2 catches for 150yds and 2 TD. My most vivid memory of that year was the point after with Buddy D when after we started 6-1 a “squirrel” called to shut down any super bowl talk about astrology and alignment of the stars and moon or something and how the saints would not go anywhere. We were 6-1!!! We proceeded to miss the playoffs.
I meant for the following year in 2002. That particular SF game on Jan 6 was supposed to be week 2 that got pushed back due to 9ll

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gesundheit!

My 1st duty assignment in 1973 was a SAC (Strategic Air Command) unit at Robins AFB, GA.
(I worked on the electronics of a Hound Dog missile - sort of a precursor to air launched cruise missiles. A B-52 carried one under each wing.)

(I presume SAC was a long ago forerunner of USSTRATCOM.)

SAC Motto: "Peace is our Profession"

To which GI's added, "War is just a Hobby"
I’m familiar with the Hound Dog. For years, there was a model of the hound dog in front of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

SAC was STRATCOM before it was called STRATCOM. I think it was a recent change, some time in the 90s.

I’ve never heard that motto but that’s hilarious! We loved to talk about warheads on foreheads and I always thought it was just a clever quip…That’s until I got to see footage of B1s literally dropping bombs on badguys faces from 30K feet. Pretty incredible and also horrifying, that is, if you’re on the wrong end of the AF’s target list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
still a kid that didn't care about stuff like this- possibly still soiling myself at that point idk. But this is definitely the first time this has happened since I've been old enough to do long division and definitely the first time since i truly cared!

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
That was the first year we were in the same section together watching that debacle of a game.
That was the year before we moved to Texas. My uncle ended up giving up those seats after Katrina. I tried to buy them back but couldn’t get them and ended up on the other end of the stadium. I finally gave up those seats this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom