So... which of these is most important? (1 Viewer)

TCEd

All-Pro
Reaction score
After two weeks, which of these rankings do you consider to be most important to improve & which have the least impact.

On Offense we are again at the top, so that's not the question;

Image2.png

The question is on Defense, which area needs to be the highest, you could say all, like the Offense, but practically, which area gives us the best chance of winning;

Image3.png

I would say PassYDS & RushYDS are the two main ones to improve, because PTS & YDS per game are sometimes squid by garbage yards late in the game. Passing yards could also fall in that category I suppose, but this is the one area we've lacked in for last 3 seasons.

Source link...

The only one that really matters is points. They can't win if they don't score.

The defensive stats are skewed badly.You have to remember that both teams got alot of trash yards in the end of the game for having to play catch up after being blown out.

As much as fans like them, none matter.

Every game is differnet and unique.

If a team scores 17 points in a downpour in December with 15 mph winds against a top defense on the road that is a magnificent scoring output!
Conversely, scoring 35 points on the strength of a special teams TD and two big defensive plays against a poor defense at home in a dome is mediocre.

Same goes for defensive stats. They are nice to look at but don't nearly tell all the story.

2-0. W's is the only stat that matters.

:plus-un2:

But the one that really matters is not up there: Net Points!!! As long as we are at the top in that stat every week, we win every week...

There are indeed a lot of yards coming as a result of frantic catch-up efforts. I still think that Williams and the rest of the staff are concerned about those yards.

The defensive stats are skewed badly.You have to remember that both teams got alot of trash yards in the end of the game for having to play catch up after being blown out.

There were also 9 points scored by the defense (2 of them we actually chose to award the other team). So defensively, at minimum, you could subtract 4.5 points from the average and reduce the points allowed per game to 20.

Thanks guys, I agree the number that matters most is followed by a "W" & these numbers, possibly over time will yield more value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom