So who only wants to eat just one? (1 Viewer)

I would do it.

I have had Carolina Reaper peppers already. I have 2 quarts of ghost peppers in my fridge now waiting to be made into hot sauce and salsa. I'm pretty sure I could handle one chip.

Last edited:
just made a carolina reaper rub in the dehydrator with onions, celery and garlic.

not as brutal as i expected, yet it certainly put in a nice kick into my chicken salad.

How come every week there's a new "hottest pepper in the world"?

Pure Genius Marketing...

$4.99 for one chip...

packaging and all probably cost less than a dollar per chip. Pure Genius...

with the exception that someone like me would never pay $4.99 for one measly chip regardless the gimmick haha. Now $9.99 for a bag that I'd probably throw away all but one - yeah I'd probably be a sucker for that lol

"Eat all you want, we'll make another one" ??

hqdefault.jpg

I'll never understand the obsession with eating insanely hot foods. It's like getting a thrill out of staring at the sun through binoculars.

I'll never understand the obsession with eating insanely hot foods. It's like getting a thrill out of staring at the sun through binoculars.

But insanely hot to you may not be insanely hot to someone else. It's like most things if you like a certain peppers heat and you eat enough of it you will build a tolerance to it, so you go on to the next hottest pepper until you reach your limit.

It is, because a Carolina reaper has no flavor, it just burns. It is a lab grown pepper that's meant to hurt your mouth, not have a taste.

The hottest pepper with a distinctive taste is the habanero pepper. Anything after that, it just burns.

But insanely hot to you may not be insanely hot to someone else. It's like most things if you like a certain peppers heat and you eat enough of it you will build a tolerance to it, so you go on to the next hottest pepper until you reach your limit.

Cool. It's still stupid. I like tasting my food not jumping around thinking my aorta ruptured. Of course, you're free to do as you please. :hihi:

Actually, I think staring into the sun with binoculars is less painful.

I think it relives around the same reason why some guys drive gigantic trucks to the store to get a carton of milk. I've grown some of the super hots, and yeah many of them have little to no taste other than heat. When cored and placenta is removed, the habernero varieties up to the bhut jolaka actually have a wonderful fruity flavor. The family that the Carolina reaper comes from, which is the Trinidad scorpion line is nothing more than heat. Very little to no taste. Grew them once and was horribly unimpressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom