So, who will be LSU's starting QB next season? (1 Viewer)

I really don't know. I've heard that Etling isn't the prototypical QB to run Canada's offensive system, but I'm not educated enough to know for sure. Does anyone think that he could do it decently, especially with practices for a full year as the #1?

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2017/2/9/14533068/danny-against-the-world-run-danny-run

That article is a really good breakdown of Danny in the Bama game and if you watch the videos the main culprit and reason for the loss on the offensive side was the bad play of the OL and WR's.

There were several plays where the OL, especially Malone and Weathersby got just p'wned. Badly!! Danny never could get comfortable and was running for his life and just trying to get the pass out quickly, therefore we never had any long routes since he didn't have time and the WR's couldn't get separation.

I am hoping that the new WR's coach can coach these guys up. The WR core, outside of Chark, did not improve last year. Dupre and Dural seemed to regress and the TE's only did so much.

I still feel Etling is the best of the bunch and gives you the best chance to win. Harris is too inaccurate and gets rattled too easily. We don't know much about the other guys. I would like to see what McMillian and Scott could do but we just haven't seen them. I really like Lindsay Scott as I think he is just a player and winner. He reminds me of a smaller Rohan Davey. Granted he hasn't taken a single college snap. You want a guy who has never played a down to start game 1? I don't think so.

Plus, with the new scheme of Canada we really don't know what type of offense he will run. I would imagine it would look different with whoever the QB was. Etling=more play-action and pro-style. Harris=more spread and running concepts. The others we just don't know.

So I say stick with Etling, play good defense, use the run to set up the play-action. You can't replace his experience and accuracy, IMHO.

Safe money is Etling.

Keep an eye on Harris. It would not surprise me at all to see him play next year. Not saying start but see action.

It's Etling until I hear otherwise. I think Scott has a better shot than Harris.

Etling will start spring as the starter. Scott is his biggest threat in my opinion. Harris will transfer before the season if he isn't in the mix. Brennan will red shirt and Narcisse will rehab his knee. I think Canada will go with Etling unless Scott blows his socks off. Unlike Miles I think they will go with the best option to win over loyalty and mediocrity

Safe money is Etling.

I agree with this, but I'm hoping for a true "open competition" at the QB spot with Canada coming in. Etling was much better than Harris, but that's not saying much....Brandon Harris stunk. Etling has the smart and intangibles needed at the QB position, but lacks the physical tools to be a difference maker. I'm actually hoping one of the younger horses is able to seperate himself from the group. LSU could easily compete with any club if the offense can generate more points against the tougher defensive teams.

I'm hoping they develop a wildcat-type package for Lowell Narcisse to run in short yardage and goal line situations. It could be similar to what Florida did with Tebow his freshman year.....and Narcisse is a better passer than Tebow. It would be tough to defend, that's for sure.

If that doesn't answer the question nothing will.

Welp....

Interesting how things transpire.

A few weeks ago a certain reporter who i won't name, said that Harris would be in the mix come spring workouts.

I wish him well in any event.

This opens things up for Scott, Narcisse, Brennan (If he gains some weight). Maybe McMillan, but I don't hear much about him, so I'm assuming he's not as good as Etling.

I'm sorry to hear that Harris decided to leave. I think he had a legitimate chance to play. I was expecting him to be the backup, but to get some playing time behind Etling. Maybe this helps, because the other QBs haven't lost their confidence, so they can be complete QBs. Still expect Etling to start, but I would expect one of these to see some playing time, and I would not be surprised to see any of these 3 taking over before the end of the season.

Bitter remarks from Parkway HAS head coach in 3... 2... 1...

i really don't see any way that Etling isn't the starter. I have no clue what scott can do and most of the local talk excludes him from the discussion. Has anyone heard or seen something in scott that makes him worthy of consideration for the starting job of the LSU tigers?

Well, the kid has moxie...

Lol.

I think Etling will be the guy. I don't see anything bad about it. He was serviceable last season. He's starting from the same point as everyone else this season. As long as the OL gels and Guice stays healthy, I don't think it matters.

Nathan Peterman wasn't on anyone's list of QBs to watch for prior to Canada arriving either.

Wow!
He couldn't even get his own thread for transferring out of LSU.
Was he that bad? :hihi:

Yes, he was that bad. He couldn't hit a swing route out of the backfield and struggled to get plays in.

Now a lot of his struggles were due to poor coaching and scheme and I believe they never used him correctly. They tried to make him a drop back play-action passer which he just wasn't. He was a one or two read and then go type of player. It looked to me like they coached him NOT to run and this made him force passes and take sacks.

I also think that Miles made a huge error by continuing to start Anthony Jennings over Harris in a season where we were never going to do anything. Harris should have been thrown in and took his lumps and got some valuable experience. Instead they waited till 2015 and then he had to learn during the season. He would have way more experience. However, I think with Miles an Cameron it wouldn't have mattered who was back there.

It really is a shame cause he has all the tools and traits you look for but just never put it together on the field.

I think this gives more practice reps to McMillian and Scott. We now have a 3 way race for the starting QB job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom