So who wins the NFC South now? (1 Viewer)

Its an interesting scenario, if they both win out, I think the tiebreaker would go down to "common games", of which there are 14. They split each other head to head and would have the same division record at 5-1. Also conference record would be the same (9-3), but interesting enough, that tiebreaker comes after "comon games" when talking about a two way tie in the divison.

In non-common games, Atlanta beat Green Bay but lost to Philly (1-1). Whereas Tampa Bay beat Chicago and has yet to play Dallas, but we are assuming they both win out, so would be 2-0. In that case Atlanta would have the better record in common games so would win the division. If Atlanta were to lose to San Fran while Tampa Bay loses to Dallas, it would go down to "strength of victory". I think Atlanta wins in that scenario. If Atlanta loses to us or Carolina, with Tampa winning every game except Dallas, then Tampa takes the division by best division record.

Anyone but Atlanta I'd could live with winning the division. I'd rather see that Panthers win it 4 straight years in a row than Atlanta win it. That's how much I HATE Atlanta.

I don't see that at all. ..they are getting better each week. .I see no reason for them to fall off next year. .especially with another offseason like they had this year. ..Saints got some catching up to do
LOL.....No one here thinks you're a Falcons fan who just signed up to post about all things Falcon related.

Last time I checked, the Saints were ranked ahead of the Falcons on Offense and D.
I know this hasn't translated into a succesful season for us, but, I can't see how you can say we have "some catching up to do".
If anything, we haven't had too many lucky breaks come our way this season, especially with all of the injuries and freak plays against us.
But the Saints are making progress.
We will be back in the swing of things soon enough. Hopefully, by next season.

The question is who will win the South, not who are you pulling for to win it.
I think Atlanta will win it. I am not pulling for them in the Playoffs.

Pulling for TB. Lets beat the Dirty Turds the last game and knock them out of the playoffs.

In Week 17 I hope we are the deciding factor and give Atlanta the loss so that Tampa wins the division.

I'd like for BOTH (Bucs & Falcons) to finish their last 3 games like the 2002 Saints. :ezbill:

Check out the '02 Saints' last three games via this link:

2002 New Orleans Saints Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

(Following the Saints' loss to the Bengals, who entered the contest with a 1-13 record), Coach Jim Haslett said the Saints - who had only one timeout left - let Luchey score on the final run so they'd have more time when they got the ball back. Brooks finished it by throwing four incompletions, leaving him 0-for-7 in the fourth quarter.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom