So who's the odd man out with the Dez Bryant signing? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
First and Foremost, let me say that I'm completely on board with the Dez Bryant signing. The disparity in receptions from Michael Thomas to the 2nd most WR is too wide. If Dez acts up then you cut him, no harm done. But the bigger question at the present moment is who's roster spot is he taking? Austin Carr? Dan Arnold? Cameron Meredith?

I don't think we will cut a receiver to make room. Having five receivers on roster is pretty normal. I'd expect one of our 10 offensive linemen cut, probably Chaz Green.

Beigl, JT Gray, Green, Ola, that RB from Washington U. All of those I would expect more than anything with Carr or Meredith.

We don't even know if Dez can play/pickup the playbook yet.

The playbook is the least of my concerns especially when the offensive philosophy isn't foreign to him. It's all terminology which shouldn't be too difficult to pick up for him. He's also a veteran with 8 years of experience.

The fact that he hasn't been through camp or played a game in over a year will be the biggest factor in how much he plays. He still needs to get into game shape and get accustomed to the game speed before he is ready to take on a large number of snaps. Hopefully the guy is in amazing shape and can make an impact real soon.

Beigl, JT Gray, Green, Ola, that RB from Washington U. All of those I would expect more than anything with Carr or Meredith.

Agreed.
We made the move as we are thin at WR imo.
Maybe JT Gray?

Carr is invisible but don't they really like his blocking? What's Bryant's history on ability/willingness to block?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom