So why did the Browns get 5 primetime games? (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
I'm scratching my head on this one....

Cuz they were good last year.....

ETA: One of the games is the Steelers and another the Giants, both of whom were playoff teams last year. Also the Broncos have a large following, as well as the Eagles. The Bills game is a Lake Erie geographical rivalry...

Because Brady Quinn's girlfriend is hot?:confused:

Population density.
fig1.jpg

Because they have been the doormats of the NFL for so long... the league is counting on them being one of the "hot" teams this year after just missing the playoffs last season.

Plus, they have a lot of offense, which makes for good viewing.

Population...demographics...number of households...viewership...etc...

Yeah, but there are several other teams with higher viewership that could of been given 5 primetime games.

I guess the NFL is really banking on them being big this year.

Yeah, but there are several other teams with higher viewership that could of been given 5 primetime games.

They better be careful. If the Browns get to be too popular, the NFL might give them a "home game" in the Meadowlands with the Giants...or a "home game" in London! :hihi:

Offense, offense, offense. People want to watch 41-38 shootouts, not 7-3 battles of attrition. I assume even more than the NFL banking on them being big is that they expect them to be big AND exciting.

I was surprised at that also - my guess is that is has as much to do with the opponents as it does with them --

Who cares? I mean really... the league loves who they love... if they get crappy ratings then we won't see them in primetime in 09.

Without even looking, I'd guess they've got at least 4 this year.

Actually, I want to say I heard on the radio they got 6 Primetime games........don't feel like checking.:hihi:

As for the Browns, i think it's a huge mistake to count on them to be as competitive this year as last. We all saw what a difference film makes with a hot young QB ie. Aaron Brooks. I see Cleveland taking a step back this year, have ya'll seen their schedule? It's brutal. I predict the schedule makers will regret this decision......also GB has 3 games. I think the heads are underestimating the effect favre had on ratings. I don't think they'll get near the viewership they did with Favre at the helm. Maybe the first time they're on they'll get the ratings out of shear curiosity, but once that wears off, no casual fan outside of GB will care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom