So why is it ok... (1 Viewer)

vanakin

All-Pro
Reaction score
For offensive players, namely wideouts, to grab the defensive players jersey to gain postion? Also why can running backs stiff arm your facemask?

When the defense does this they crucify them...

its still pass interference if the offensive player grabs the defensive player

also its only illegal if the player grabs the facemask, if he just touches it with an open palm its ok on both sides of the ball

also its only illegal if the player grabs the facemask, if he just touches it with an open palm its ok on both sides of the ball

isn't that personal foul- illegal hands to the face on D?

Yeah well, that reciever from florida totally grabbed the db's jersey on that TD...it was bad, too.... they just NEVER seem to call it on the O....Randy Moss does it ALL THE TIME

Yeah well, that reciever from florida totally grabbed the db's jersey on that TD...it was bad, too.... they just NEVER seem to call it on the O....Randy Moss does it ALL THE TIME

offensive players usually get the benefit of the doubt

more often than not a no-call is because both players were battling with contact or its a make up for a non call earlier in the game

It is a penalty for a WR to gradb a jersey it just is not called as much. As for RBs they can stiffarm but they can no longer twist the mask. Rule change It think last season mainly because of LT who made a career from turning masks and breaking tackles

offensive players usually get the benefit of the doubt

more often than not a no-call is because both players were battling with contact or its a make up for a non call earlier in the game

make up??? it really sucks that happens in sports

isn't that personal foul- illegal hands to the face on D?

Different in the lines too. If an Olineman uses the facemask to 'steer' the defender, grab or not, it is illegal - hands to the face. Same goes for the Dlinman, but that call is generally 99% an Oline penalty.

honestly,lsu has problems at the qb position still lack of expirence i would assume...oh well better luck next year!

I think they have OC problems more then QB problems . Just my opinion but that line up then get up to get the play is horrible . The QB really has no time to scan the defense properly IMO , they have more problems than that but it iritates me like crazy .

what ever it is on the O side it was bound to catch up eventually,it could've been worse but then again their are the last good team on lsu schedule for the season*i think* :idunno:

The D did great, considering the only TD Florida had was a cheap one. It doesn't matter how your D does if your offense can't score.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom