N/S So why was Bill Cower elected to HOF? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I could understand Jimmy Johnson and that probably should had happen years ago.

But Bill Cower? This guy has never come off as a great coach, He got to the SB once in the 90s and lost, took about another 10 years to reach the SB, finally beat a Seattle team that got [MOD EDIT :nono: - let's not use that word. SW] by the officials, did mediocre the next year, and then retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's pretty much the guy who brought the Steelers back to prominence. Pretty sure they had done nothing worth bragging about since the Bradshaw years prior to Cowher's arrival.

Good question. Hall of Popularity is all I can think of.

They must’ve added a cheerleader section to the hall.

As implied here, some of this is about the Steelers. One two coaches over a 40 year span - Noll and Cowher. That's remarkable. I think he's probably more an Andy Reid than a Bill Belichick, but Andy Reid us in, too. So, too, I fear is Tom Coughlin one day.

And here I am feeling the same about Jimmy Johnson. He coached in the NFL for 9 years. I still don't get it.

The dude is top 20 in all-time wins, won 62% of his regular season games, won the division over half of the years he coached (8/15), went to two Super Bowls, won one, and was coach of the year twice.

How is this even a question? If Cowher doesn't deserve to be in then Payton and Andy Reid shouldn't even get on the ballot.

As implied here, some of this is about the Steelers. One two coaches over a 40 year span - Noll and Cowher. That's remarkable. I think he's probably more an Andy Reid than a Bill Belichick, but Andy Reid us in, too. So, too, I fear is Tom Coughlin one day.
I think Coughlin has the overall win total at 182 and multiple championships to justify his place in Canton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom