So, yeah, about EA and those loot boxes (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That game is probably going to be awesome.

Too bad.

I'll wait.

Having a blast with Stardew Valley right now.

SkyLance

Very Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen a Metacritic user turnout like this one before. I haven't played it, nor will I, but apparently EA really **** the bed on this one.

Is it basically a thin 5 hour campaign supporting a MP game that takes $1000 to be competitive in?

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
EA will just wait a couple months, bring the loot boxes back, and make just as much if not more money.

As far as the game, I've never seen a Star Wars: Battlefront that was any good and I don't expect much from this one. Too bad the Star Wars IP has been so wasted except by a few of those Lego games.

On a side note, anita, that is one giant rat you have up there.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it basically a thin 5 hour campaign supporting a MP game that takes $1000 to be competitive in?
5 hour campaign is fine. The last game had no campaign and barely any content for the multiplayer, but the game system was sound. Probably Dice's best work overall when it comes to mechanics. Considering though every weapon was the exact same weapon so it wasn't much challenge to perfect that one gun.

The game would have been fantastic if they had realized that only cosmetic loot boxes are acceptable in a game where you have make a down payment to play it.

People got seriously bent out of shape over the Shadow of War loot boxes, but that was ultimately a bit overblown.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
EA will just wait a couple months, bring the loot boxes back, and make just as much if not more money.

As far as the game, I've never seen a Star Wars: Battlefront that was any good and I don't expect much from this one. Too bad the Star Wars IP has been so wasted except by a few of those Lego games.

On a side note, anita, that is one giant rat you have up there.
Knights of the Old Republic I and II, as well as maybe the SNES Super Star Wars games are the only exception I can think of.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
They said they will bring the loot boxes back "at a later date". AKA they'll make it pay-to-win again after the movie is out of the theater and Disney gets off their back.

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
Knights of the Old Republic I and II, as well as maybe the SNES Super Star Wars games are the only exception I can think of.
Those are the best Star Wars games ever made. I hate the Battlefront games, I didn’t buy the last one and won’t buy this one.

Doesn’t COD have all those loot boxes also ? I won’t buy it either, don’t even like COD.

Twenty

Eternal
Reaction score
Those are the best Star Wars games ever made. I hate the Battlefront games, I didn’t buy the last one and won’t buy this one.

Doesn’t COD have all those loot boxes also ? I won’t buy it either, don’t even like COD.
COD loot boxes are cosmetic. Guns can only be unlocked through playing the game.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks EA... you have set the wheels in motion for governments to get involved in trying to curtail loot boxes. I hope that it helps to eliminate micro transaction based loot boxes completely, even cosmetics. And i don't even have an issue with cosmetic loot boxes.

Here is a novel concept that Little Big Planet had... you could buy different costumes for your toon with no random number bull **** at all. You want that skin, you buy that skin. And I want my Nazi scalps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom