So, yeah, about EA and those loot boxes (1 Viewer)

You are better off buying a shark card... we literally waited around for nearly an hour while widge had connection problems only to make 5 dollars once we finally got to do something. Hell we might be better off playing Sumo and get more cash per hour than what we ended up doing last night.

I'm down with Sumo and Shard Cards.

You are better off buying a shark card... we literally waited around for nearly an hour while widge had connection problems only to make 5 dollars once we finally got to do something. Hell we might be better off playing Sumo and get more cash per hour than what we ended up doing last night.

I might do that, but in general, are the CEO jobs or Motorcycle Club jobs better to run? I didn't realize you can only be one at a time, and I own both a corporation and a club.

I might do that, but in general, are the CEO jobs or Motorcycle Club jobs better to run? I didn't realize you can only be one at a time, and I own both a corporation and a club.

I believe the contraband warehouses may be the easiest to run by yourself. But it is typically better to have a crew assist you with the sell of your goods as most cases a full load is multiple vehicles.

The Dawning... nerd rage Rises.

well, i think the nerdrage is justified even if i ultimately don't care about the loot boxes...they gated the Dawning gear behind eververse and while you could possibly grind out the gear through playing, it's highly unlikely that you would get anything but shaders, ships and scooters....

my biggest issue with D2 is that the things that were fun in D1 just aren't there...the forge weapons on Mercury is a step in the right direction but it was probably a little too grindy for some people and in the end, you just get an exotic ghost shell and an emblem

well, i think the nerdrage is justified even if i ultimately don't care about the loot boxes...they gated the Dawning gear behind eververse and while you could possibly grind out the gear through playing, it's highly unlikely that you would get anything but shaders, ships and scooters....

my biggest issue with D2 is that the things that were fun in D1 just aren't there...the forge weapons on Mercury is a step in the right direction but it was probably a little too grindy for some people and in the end, you just get an exotic ghost shell and an emblem

Yeah, it was a joke.

Made me think of Lord of the rings. The sun is rising... Now for wrath, now for ruin and the red dawn.

http://www.tk421.net/lotr/film/ttt/29.html

That the dawning was more of a red dawn rising... i.e. bloodshed. Bit figurative, since it's message board commentary/crying.

Justified though.

Thank, Eververse.

i know you like to blame eververse for all of D2's issues but it's not the reason that the raid and nightfalls aren't fun to play

the raid is all puzzle mechanics that don't allow for any error...there is nothing fun about it....the nighftalls have a time limit on them as a fake difficulty modifier, and that takes the fun out of it...they were always best when you got sent to orbit if everyone died

The raid and nightfall are both fine like they are. All of the raids so far were filled with puzzle mechanics that didn't allow failure that took hours upon hours upon hours to master with random people. And the Black Hammer strike was certainly one of the best strikes in D1. Its the tokenization of rewards that diminished those activities(plus the removal of activity specific rewards). The chase for loot is what is wrong with the game and without random rolls on the loot, the loot chase is not fun. So yes... yes, I do like to blame Eververse for ruining my game.

The raid and nightfall are both fine like they are. All of the raids so far were filled with puzzle mechanics that didn't allow failure that took hours upon hours upon hours to master with random people. And the Black Hammer strike was certainly one of the best strikes in D1. Its the tokenization of rewards that diminished those activities(plus the removal of activity specific rewards). The chase for loot is what is wrong with the game and without random rolls on the loot, the loot chase is not fun. So yes... yes, I do like to blame Eververse for ruining my game.

VoG which was by far the best Raid had very few puzzle mechanics certainly not puzzle mechanics that forced you to start over for every little error. The core of it was shoot everything in sight. The same was mostly true of the Crota Raid, although the abyss wasn't a puzzle or shoot everything in sight, it was something new, different and fun. The overly complex puzzles started with the Taken King and have gotten to maximum tediousness in Destiny 2. As far as the Nightfall, nobody wants to do it in Destiny 2 where as in Destiny 1 everyone wanted to do it 3 times per week, once for each character even when we all basically had all the shinny objects there were to get. The reason for that is not Eververse, the reason is that it is not fun unless you are a speed runner by nature.

As far as the Black Hammer Quest, yes it was fun as a one off to get a particularly shinny object, but to have to do that every week in all strikes takes away the fun an uniqueness. Some Strikes, read basically every Strike, do not work as speed run events. It's a forced mechanic that has no significance in the Destiny universe and is just added on Ad Hoc for no apparent reason. It has no basis in the universe and is purely an added on thing for no reason. If you want a speed run strike there needs to be some story behind it like you hae to defuse a timed bomb, an enemy will get away, or something like that. To use an analogy, it would be like if a Star Wars movie added a powerful character, but never bothered to explain where he came from.

As far as the Nightfall, nobody wants to do it in Destiny 2 where as in Destiny 1 everyone wanted to do it 3 times per week, once for each character even when we all basically had all the shinny objects there were to get. The reason for that is not Eververse, the reason is that it is not fun unless you are a speed runner by nature.

People ran it every week 3 times a week for the REWARDS! And once we got to the point that we felt we had all the shinny objects and we didn't want 27 coins and 42 Motes of light, we stopped doing the Nightfall.

People ran it every week 3 times a week for the REWARDS! And once we got to the point that we felt we had all the shinny objects and we didn't want 27 coins and 42 Motes of light, we stopped doing the Nightfall.

I ran it many times when I had either done it on all three characters or after I had all the shinny objects I wanted because the Nightfall was fun and a bit of a challenge. And early on, I ran it for the XP boost more than the shinny objects. Anyway, the lack of shinny objects is not why people don't run it now. They don't run it now because it's not fun and it's dumb to add on an Ad Hoc timer for no in game reason.

Hell, I even ran it several times with totally wasted buzd and zeetes just for the fun of running it with them while they were drunk and/or nearly passed out. I'll never forget working with Uproar to keep a bubble over buzd in the shriker room of Fogeroth because he passed out in there. And we still managed to finish it. And I still recall zeetes getting his sparrow stuck upside down in some rocks and yelling for help because he had no idea where he was. Can't have that kind of fun with a timer creating artificial tension and difficulty.

Eververse It's a forced mechanic that has no significance in the Destiny universe and is just added on Ad Hoc for no apparent reason. It has no basis in the universe and is purely an added on thing for no reason.

K, thx. Buh bye, now.

K, thx. Buh bye, now.

Eververse isn't a mechanic. You have been reading too much Reddit.

All it does is sell cosmetic stuff that you can actually earn another way by playing the game. The problem isn't Eververse. The problem is that all of the great changes they made over the years in Destiny 1, were left out of Destiny 2 because there was no communication between the Live Team and the Destiny 2 teams. In addition, the Destiny 2 team had no time to implement those changes because Activision put Bungie on a very tight time schedule to get Destiny 2 out.

And, BTW, Eververse even existed in Destiny 1 while it was at it's best which tells you that Eververse is not the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom