So, yeah, about EA and those loot boxes (1 Viewer)

Eververse isn't a mechanic.

giphy.gif

Trump .gifs?

You made a statement as fact and went on to contradict yourself with your later added explanation of how the mechanic works. Conveniently leaving out how the mechanic influences other game systems and mechanics. Which I already have explained in the Destiny thread..

..and Anita admitted
i think the nerdrage is justified

But you did at least confirm one thing..
I ran it for the XP boost

We all did the Nightfall for the REWARDS!!!!

So you are telling me you and your team that already completed the nightfall, ran the nightfall just for ***** and giggles? It wasn't to help other members of your "clan" get their rewards? I call bull ****. Soloing/Two manning just to see if you can, maybe on occasion.

I actually think both sides are right. There are a lot of reasons why D2 is in the crapper right now. Eververse is holding cosmetics hostage and there isn’t enough variety in the weapons to make the rest of the activities worth doing. They have no strike specific loot and the raid gear is nothing special. The closest they came is the grind of the forge on Mercury.

I think D2 can be saved but Bungie will have to get it’s head out of Activision’s crotch in order for that to happen. They are starting the year out in the hole by ignoring the issues with the Dawning and the nova bomb spamming in pvp

Resurrecting old thread to see if EA has stuck to its promise regarding loot crates in Star Wars Battlefront II — so are they still turned off, or was that just BS to get people to buy the game in the first few months of release?

I ask b/c my 9-year-old watched the trailer for the game, so if course, now he wants it. But I don’t want him wasting his money if he has to shell out more to actually advance in the game.

And is it appropriate for a 9-year-old? Most reviews I’ve read say 10+ to 13+.

Resurrecting old thread to see if EA has stuck to its promise regarding loot crates in Star Wars Battlefront II — so are they still turned off, or was that just BS to get people to buy the game in the first few months of release?

I ask b/c my 9-year-old watched the trailer for the game, so if course, now he wants it. But I don’t want him wasting his money if he has to shell out more to actually advance in the game.

And is it appropriate for a 9-year-old? Most reviews I’ve read say 10+ to 13+.

it's mostly a multiplayer game which would probably not be kind to a 9 year old...just ask Widge how he fares in multiplayer

there is a single player campaign which is is not very good from what i have heard....but maybe a 9 year old wouldn't care about that...it definitely looks and sounds like SW should

Minecraft is probably a better option but your kid might already be into that

it's mostly a multiplayer game which would probably not be kind to a 9 year old...just ask Widge how he fares in multiplayer

there is a single player campaign which is is not very good from what i have heard....but maybe a 9 year old wouldn't care about that...it definitely looks and sounds like SW should

I haven't played in a while. I did play a bit after they switched the progression system again.

The story is decent, but maybe a bit much for a kid.

The multiplayer is pretty cool. I really liked the space battles, but it can be difficult, until you get used to it. Also, the Hero's mode is fun and a good way to get used to heroes and level them up. They also have a horde mode, but with regular soldiers or Heroes. That's really the best way to get started.

Battlefront 2 is an ok FPS, but it really does look and sound great. It feels like Star Wars.

Hm. He has fun in Plants vs. Zombies multiplayer, but that’s a much more lighthearted environment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom