So you wake up and find out you inherited the Raiders.... (1 Viewer)

Kingpin123

All-Pro
Reaction score
What do you do with Tom Cable? I was reading an article linked from here earlier in the week about Hanson's account of what happened. If HALF of the stuff is true, it sounds like he should be locked away for a long time and certainly not be a coach in the NFL.

I know there's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" belief, but this guy is a cancer on the franchise. Whats your thoughts?

Before firing Tom Cable, I would fire Russel.

I'd then tell Cable to find me a QB and win a game or he is fired.

Yea, I'm hardcore.

What do you do with Tom Cable? I was reading an article linked from here earlier in the week about Hanson's account of what happened. If HALF of the stuff is true, it sounds like he should be locked away for a long time and certainly not be a coach in the NFL.

I know there's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" belief, but this guy is a cancer on the franchise. Whats your thoughts?

I'd sell the team and let someone else worry about the headache.

Then I'd offer to use the money I made on the sale to buy the Saints.

:hihi:

Well, if I woke up and found out I "inherited" the Raiders, then that would mean Al Davis was dead, which solves problem 1. From there, get new coaches, front office staff and a few new players here and there (starting at QB), and go from there.

I'd fire Cable, trade Russel to the Browns for a pack of Marlboro's, change the franchise from the Oakland Raiders to the Los Angeles Borderhoppers and buy me a black and gold mansion filled with Saints season tickets and peacan pies. Boooyah.

the first order of business would be to hold a special meeting with the Raiderettes. :smileypimp:

Then I'd hire a G.M. and let him make the football decisions.

Cable may be the only warrior on the entire team and staff, but has
baggage now. I'd fire everyone to change the culture. Hire Gruden,
Billick, or Cowher. Trade every player that remotely isn't on board,
and willing to bleed. I would put an ad in the paper for the drunken
fans that throw things: We have a team of snipers on the roof. If
you throw a battery, you'll be dead before it leaves your hand. :hihi:

Oh, and I would start selling authentic Cajun food at the stadium.
Can't handle bean curd and sprouts.

#1: Fire all upper management and coaches.
#2: Bring in Cowher/Gruden
#3: Bring in a young QB to push/replace Russell
#4: Grab a veteran WR to help out the young WR crop
#5: Go on a two year vacation and let the football minds and players do their thing.

Put 'em on E-bay then buy a condo in Destin for the summer and a condo in the Warehouse District for Sept through Fat Tuesday......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom