So You're Saying There's a Chance (2013 Steelers) (1 Viewer)

According to Chris Meyers, when Atlanta beat the 9ers we were eliminated.

At this point I just want the Saints to ruin Tampa Bay's playoff chances basically after they ruined ours.

According to Chris Meyers, when Atlanta beat the 9ers we were eliminated.

Not correct but it eliminated the most plausible path to postseason-- via NFC South title.

Now we require so many unlikely upsets just to survive until kickoff this coming Sunday -- it's a speck of a morsel of a chance -- if the 7 or 8 games we need to go a certain way, go the way we need them.

Any one of them fall the other way and it's all over.

So we aren't "mathematically eliminated" but by all practical accounts, we are "technically eliminated".

The 1990 Saints won 4 of their last 6 to finish 8-8, and captured the #6 W/C seed.

Pro Football Statistics and History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

yes, and in their wildcard playoff loss to Chicago, this happened:

still the Saints were just trailing 10-3 near the end of the third quarter, and had a great chance to tie the game when defensive tackle Renaldo Turnbull blocked Butler's 45-yard field goal attempt. New Orleans defensive end Vince Buck recovered the ball and returned it 62 yards for a potential touchdown, only to see the play wiped out by an offsides penalty on teammate Robert Massey, who had lined up with his hand over the neutral zone. The penalty not only eliminated the score, but it also gave Chicago a first down, and 7 plays later, Butler kicked a 25-yard field goal to put them up 13-3.

so for people who weren't fans at that time, yes...it's always been this way.

I remember that game. That was the year Hebert missed the season due to his tiff with Jim Finks. We had the defense to win a Super Bowl that year, and we could have won it had Hebert been there, but we had to make do with Steve Walsh.

Since nobody else has done it, I feel obligated.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7fjDS0jKiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I think the Bears can win at home against the Redskins and I could see the Vikings winning at Lambeau after that complete dud they produced against the Colts. One week at a time. Just need those two things to happen plus a Saints win to live to fight in week 17!

I think the Bears winning is the longshot here this week. That team is decimated with injuries, something like 18 starters on IR, and the Redskins will be flaming mad after getting punked by Carolina last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom