So Zion thinks he's ready to play... (1 Viewer)

Would you play Zion in the playoffs?

• Total voters
given how he has acted this season should zion even play? wont it be negative for the rest of the team that have overcome all odds to get into the playoffs?
have you watched how Zion is interacting with this team? they would love to have him back.

the chemistry is there and the desire is there

have you watched how Zion is interacting with this team? they would love to have him back.

the chemistry is there and the desire is there
I agree...but.

There is a chemistry with the starting 5 and I don't know that you mess with that just yet. Everyone knows their role and accepts it.

I think their will be a time we insert him soon tho. Especially if he is full practice.

I'm looking fwd to it.

I agree...but.

There is a chemistry with the starting 5 and I don't know that you mess with that just yet. Everyone knows their role and accepts it.

I think their will be a time we insert him soon tho. Especially if he is full practice.

I'm looking fwd to it.

*this is assuming he is healthy and in shape enough

IMO Zion doesn't sniff the starting lineup this year unless there is an injury. Strictly a bench player

The other benefit to that is how it effects the other team. How do they respond to it? Does it force them to use lineups they normally don't or to play starters more minutes?
Or do they just do their normal which means their reserves are facing CJ/BI, Zion, Nance, TM3, and Alvarado.

Good Lord our bench would dominate.

Zion is healthy and able to play IMO

Hate to say this, but I think things got past the point of no return between the team and Zions camp. The only way this makes sense is if the team has made up their mind to trade him

Hate to say this, but I think things got past the point of no return between the team and Zions camp. The only way this makes sense is if the team has made up their mind to trade him
Good point. They have to extend him first.

It could be that the Pels like the culture they have (with good reason) and don't want to have a player with a family who can't keep their damned nose out of the team's affairs. If that is the case, then I can't blame the Pels because family involvement will never be for the good of the team, only for that one player and that isn't the culture that we have established this year

For what it's worth, these guys talk about Zion a bit at the end and they seem to think bringing him back is definitely more problematic than fans think

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think the "division" between Zion and the Pels is much ado about nothing. Just a media enhanced non-story. Its easier to write a story about supposed problems than to write one about people who have mended fences. A great example is how the media reported that Zion was ready and playing 5-on-5 while he was really just practicing easy 5-on-5 with staff - not players and not game speed. Eventually they started correcting themselves when that fact came out.

Now that Zion has seen his team play to high standards, he is going to want to be part of that effort next year and the Pels will want the enormous potential he brings.

My only concerns with Zion are injury related, not team synchronicity.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think the "division" between Zion and the Pels is much ado about nothing. Just a media enhanced non-story. Its easier to write a story about supposed problems than to write one about people who have mended fences. A great example is how the media reported that Zion was ready and playing 5-on-5 while he was really just practicing 5-on-5 with staff - not players. Eventually they started correcting themselves when that fact came out.

Now that Zion has seen his team play to high standards, he is going to want to be part of that effort next year and the Pels will want the enormous potential he brings.

My only concerns with Zion are injury related, not team synchronicity.
Except that Zion and his family have told the media that Zion is healthy and they have no idea why he is not playing right now

Except that Zion and his family have told the media that Zion is healthy and they have no idea why he is not playing right now
So reports the media. :shrug:

no...so said Zion's father on a live interview
I was actually refering to Zion himself. I should have been clearer about that, although I would be interested in seeing that vid. Link? I don't think I've ever seen his Dad.

But Zion has been nothing but positive. Have you been watching him when they cut to him at the games? He's into it. Give him a chance to play with a team like this, made up of mostly young players like himself, he'll be happy.

Either way, we'll see soon enough. Personally, I'm not going to listen to the media hub bub. I'll let reality play itself out. ;)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom