Soccer is growing on me, but (1 Viewer)

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I want to follow a team, but can’t figure out which one, which league, etc

I have no ties to any English Premier League cities or any MLS teams.

I can’t get into to it without pulling/following a team. Looking for one with a good forum like SSF. I’m confused.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Meh. Things have gotten better since VAR came along imo. Pretty dumb reason not to watch.
I watch a lot of soccer and it’s really pretty rare to see a horrible flop with the guy rolling around. It happens, sure, but it’s not common - at least not in games that don’t feature Neymar. And it’s easy to get a few graphic examples and put them on YouTube. How many pro soccer games are played in the world in any given week? Hundreds?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well I watched. Much better second.

Mihailovic is one player I'm going to pay attention to going fwd. He looks natural when he is playing top of his game. Lleget and Lewis is another.

Good second half for US.
i was actually enjoying the wild abandon of the 1st half (offense, not so much the leaky backline)
but yeah, 2nd half they tightened up and really pressed
2 goals, 2 posts and (at least) 2 more on goal
good showing

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watch a lot of soccer and it’s really pretty rare to see a horrible flop with the guy rolling around. It happens, sure, but it’s not common - at least not in games that don’t feature Neymar. And it’s easy to get a few graphic examples and put them on YouTube. How many pro soccer games are played in the world in any given week? Hundreds?
i think it's also a matter of the spanish passing game and the EPL/german press attack with solid D has caught up with the Brazilian individual skill plays
(i'd love to see a graphic of if neymar dived for Barca nearly as much as he does with the national side)

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you’re watching soccer, you have to listen to it in Spanish. Only way it’s interesting. Always thought MNF should be announced by the same guys who call the Mexican soccer games.

bleedblk&gld

Choppin broccoli
Reaction score

The game is so exciting, running around for nearly 2 hours for a 1-Nil game

Translation: I’m completely unaware of how the game is played and the physical and mental demand of it to be played at the highest level. Therefor I hide behind my ignorance.

It’s ok to admit your lack of knowledge of the game is your only reasoning for not liking it.

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Translation: I’m completely unaware of how the game is played and the physical and mental demand of it to be played at the highest level. Therefor I hide behind my ignorance.

It’s ok to admit your lack of knowledge of the game is your only reasoning for not liking it.
Let me translate that for you instead.

Two sports that use the same strategies and tactics as well as physical and mental demand... one is Infinitely more exciting and fun to watch while the other is boring.

p0pe

d0pe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let me translate that for you instead.

Two sports that use the same strategies and tactics as well as physical and mental demand... one is Infinitely more exciting and fun to watch while the other is boring.

By boring do you mean zero excitement? Because infinity times zero is zero. Boom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)