Movie Solo: A Star Wars Story (1 Viewer)

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
...and we have a trailer...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I7m-7EEI5vo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dNW0B0HsvVs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and we also have the sweet delicious tears of "real SW fans"

I love Star Wars, but I haven't been looking forward to this one at all and the trailers don't help. I hope they pull off a decent movie, but all the talk coming from the production has been bad. They had to fire the original directors and replace them with Ron Howard. He basically reshot the whole movie. Of course I'm going to go see it, but my expectations are pretty low at this point.

vlcsnap-00061.jpg

vlcsnap-00062.jpg

I thought this scene looked pretty cool.

Glad that they finally released a trailer. There's been so much negative scuttle about this production, but hopefully Ron Howard was able to pull it together and give us a fun ride.

Can't decide if I'm excited about this movie or not, I wish the trailer had shown a little more. I'll go see it regardless. They probably should have cast the Rock as Han and Kevin Hart as Lando.. box office gold.

So just going of the trailer and teaser, it looks pretty good! I am excited about this.

It looks to be more along the lines of 'Rogue One' which I personally loved. Looks to be a little darker and more 'mature'.

I don't really care about all the director and reshoot stuff. I just want to see a good final film. Ron Howard has made some fantastic movies so I am hoping that he can wash the taste of 'Last Jedi' out of my mouth.
:9:

I didn't feel like the Han actor pulled off the same kind of bravado but it's hard to match Harrison Ford. It looks pretty good other than that. Glover is going to be amazing as Lando.

That part where the Falcon flips over and swats the Tie fighter...OMG OMG OMG

I didn't feel like the Han actor pulled off the same kind of bravado but it's hard to match Harrison Ford. It looks pretty good other than that. Glover is going to be amazing as Lando.

That part where the Falcon flips over and swats the Tie fighter...OMG OMG OMG

Agreed about Glover as Lando, when it showed him I thought, yeah, that's Billy Dee. As far as Han, maybe his cockiness just hasn't fully developed yet, and the actor turns it up as the movie progresses.

Han-Solo-Movie-Billy-Dee-Williams-Young-Lando.jpg

Should had gotten a Chewy cartoon as he is my favorite. But Solo does sound interesting!

It was like a 2 minute trailer. Not sure how you could tell if he pulls it off or not while at the same time concluding that Glover is going to be great as Lando, when all you get is a 2 second shot of him in which he doesn't say a word.

Is that Maz at the :36 second mark?

So just going of the trailer and teaser, it looks pretty good! I am excited about this.

It looks to be more along the lines of 'Rogue One' which I personally loved. Looks to be a little darker and more 'mature'.

I don't really care about all the director and reshoot stuff. I just want to see a good final film. Ron Howard has made some fantastic movies so I am hoping that he can wash the taste of 'Last Jedi' out of my mouth.
:9:

I think the original directors were dismissed for being a little to slap sticky, so if the tone is on the darker side that would be a welcome reversal from where it was heading. Rogue One showed that the gritty side of the Star Wars universe is ripe for exploration.

That said, it is still a Disney movie and I think we should expect some comic relief, but hopefully that comes via a healthy dose of sarcastic wise cracking and not like the Spaceballish gags we saw in TLJ. And Opie Cunningham has a pretty good track record -- you might not get blown away by his movies, but they're usually well made and entertaining, and he hasn't had too many stinkers. I am curious, though, as to whether the mixed reaction to TLJ has led (or is leading) to any last minute changes.

Along those lines I also can't help but be curious as to how bad the original directors' version of Solo was shaping up to be. They looked at TLJ, which I think is fair to call a mixed bag (the audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes is down to 48%), and gave it's director a new trilogy, yet fired the Solo directors -- so how far off the mark were they? And will any footage ever see the light of day, or will it just be destroyed to prevent that from happening? (Though I suppose the upside to not getting a trailer until now is that, opposite of Rogue One, maybe all the footage provided will actually make it into the movie.)

Nope, and I thought the same. I just watched one of the breakdown videos and it's some four armed creature.

Eh, that's too bad. Seems like it could have been a nice tie-in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom