Some 2008 Prospect Wonderlic scores (2 Viewers)

For Rivers, it doesn't botther me one bit. He only has three simple steps to remember and act upon while on the field.

Step 1: Find the Football

Step 2: Slaughter ANYTHING between you and the football

Step 3: Get the football

Seems pretty simple to me:9:

I honestly do not see how this test has any bearing on what kind of players they will be, what kind of learning capacity they have, how much passion and hard work they will put into learning, ect. I scored a 32 on my ACT while drunk, didn't even finish the individual tests becuase I ran out of time. Thats 32 out of 36. I also scored a 1330 on the SAT. I went to LSU on acedemic sholarship, stayed drunk, and quit. My wife scored a 26 on the ACT and had to work her butt off all through high school and college, but she now has a college degree in computer animation.

My point is that standardized tests, especially those as broad as the wonderlick, do not tell you very much about a person. A low score does not mean the person is dumb and has no learning capacity. It just means he processes things differently, not all smart people do well on standardized tests. Some idiots score off the charts. The test is overrated by the media, and FO's don't give it much credence. I honestly, and many GM's share this sentiment, do not know why they still give the test. The combine in general needs to be reevaluated and it is ******** up that these scores are being released

I expected lower for Rivers and Cladys score is disappointing.

Why do you constantly hate on Rivers? I personally hate USC but you can't deny he is a good player.

By the Way: Great Post. I never really understood the test, but the article breaks it down :plus-un2:

Why do you constantly hate on Rivers? I personally hate USC but you can't deny he is a good player.

He can and he does. Justifying it, though, is different.

What I'd like to know is this: If we DID take Rivers, would Pookie cheer for him?

I honestly do not see how this test has any bearing on what kind of players they will be, what kind of learning capacity they have, how much passion and hard work they will put into learning, ect. I scored a 32 on my ACT while drunk, didn't even finish the individual tests becuase I ran out of time. Thats 32 out of 36. I also scored a 1330 on the SAT. I went to LSU on acedemic sholarship, stayed drunk, and quit. My wife scored a 26 on the ACT and had to work her butt off all through high school and college, but she now has a college degree in computer animation.

My point is that standardized tests, especially those as broad as the wonderlick, do not tell you very much about a person. A low score does not mean the person is dumb and has no learning capacity. It just means he processes things differently, not all smart people do well on standardized tests. Some idiots score off the charts. The test is overrated by the media, and FO's don't give it much credence. I honestly, and many GM's share this sentiment, do not know why they still give the test. The combine in general needs to be reevaluated and it is ******** up that these scores are being released

I agree. also wow i need to tell my cousin to be drunk while taking his ACT :9:. I think that these test to not reflect player instinct. also the combine's other test are over rated. The 40 is a perfect example

He can and he does. Justifying it, though, is different.

What I'd like to know is this: If we DID take Rivers, would Pookie cheer for him?

That's his honest opinion but he should justify why he hates him so much. HAHA im curious myself to see if he would

I'm not sold on Rivers, but if we draft him, I will trust the front office's decision. I still think the jury is out on Reggie and Meachem. I think they will both break out this year.

This is what Shawn Crable thinks of the Wonderlic.

246459349_84a0e787db.jpg

This thread has been SACKED.

If we took Rivers and he played like a player that is worth a top 10 pick, I would cheer my *** off for him and eat a truck full of crow. I just want whats best for the Saints.

Spoken like a true saints fan :plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2: I love the way you responded to that. We are all in the same boat basically

Keith Rivers=Mark Fields IQ=0 Great athlete never reached potential

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom