Some college players I'm interested in. (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't think the Saints would even think about drafting a RB next year!

I would. IMHO, I don't think our run game scares any opposing defenses. However, we are a pass happy team, so we are most likely not taking a RB, unless say LF7 falls in our lap.

Elaborate please

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Not much to refute. The Saints haven't had a singular talent at running back since the days of Deuce in his prime. Everyone else was slightly less than the total package.

Reggie had the hands, make you miss ability, but he liked to bounce things to the outside and didn't get north and south well enough. A perimeter, 3rd down dynamo. Very versatile.

Pierre Thomas was great in the screen game. No great speed. Got tough yards when he could but a watered down overall version of that total package.

Ingram was the same, minus the great vision on screens.

You give this offense someone like Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook and yeah, Payton wouldn't need to figure out some special way to use them. They're real deal talents. Fournette more so due to his unbelievable power in addition to everything else. While Cook is a great one cut and go back with home run speed. He can run through a tackle or two as well, but defenders don't have to fear going too high vs him.

Also, Fournette is showing he can stay in on passing downs and pick up the blitz.

Fournette can absolutely catch out of the backfield. And no, Fournette doesn't need to get in a rhythm. Guy can take his first carry to the house if he's not slowed down behind the LOS. And Fournette can absolutely catch:

4VrcS1D.gif

Not much to refute. The Saints haven't had a singular talent at running back since the days of Deuce in his prime. Everyone else was slightly less than the total package.

Reggie had the hands, make you miss ability, but he liked to bounce things to the outside and didn't get north and south well enough. A perimeter, 3rd down dynamo. Very versatile.

Pierre Thomas was great in the screen game. No great speed. Got tough yards when he could but a watered down overall version of that total package.

Ingram was the same, minus the great vision on screens.

You give this offense someone like Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook and yeah, Payton wouldn't need to figure out some special way to use them. They're real deal talents. Fournette more so due to his unbelievable power in addition to everything else. While Cook is a great one cut and go back with home run speed. He can run through a tackle or two as well, but defenders don't have to fear going too high vs him.

Also, Fournette is showing he can stay in on passing downs and pick up the blitz.

Thanks for your input, Eman. I've only seen 1 game of Fournette. From what I've gathered in some threads is that he's AD's little bro.
I like small tough RBs that can run between the tackles, consistently fall forward, sets up blockers before hitting holes & is comfortable lining up on the slot.
Question : Can Fournette lineup in the slot or catch from out the backfield?

D. Cook i think is more suited for what Sean is looking for & I've seen Cook ,as small as he is, picking up blitzes too. I was joking about Sean's use of RBs. Although, if Fournette is the type that need 20+ carries to "get into a rhythm" then he'll definitely struggle in Sean P's offense because of his track record with RBs & multiple formation sets.

Fournette can absolutely catch out of the backfield. And no, Fournette doesn't need to get in a rhythm. Guy can take his first carry to the house if he's not slowed down behind the LOS. And Fournette can absolutely catch:

4VrcS1D.gif

👌Is he used like this alot? 'Cause if he is, Dang!!

👌Is he used like this alot? 'Cause if he is, Dang!!

No. Les Miles' offense was very traditional. Only now have we started being more creative with how we use him.

But I have every confidence that LF can do whatever is asked of him.

If the Saints can put Mark Ingram out wide for matchup purposes, we can absolutely do that for LF.

That said...we probably won't be in position to take LF.

Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffery? More likely.

No. Les Miles' offense was very traditional. Only now have we started being more creative with how we use him.

But I have every confidence that LF can do whatever is asked of him.

If the Saints can put Mark Ingram out wide for matchup purposes, we can absolutely do that for LF.

That said...we probably won't be in position to take LF.

Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffery? More likely.
Wreck for Fournette? Doesn't have a nice ring to it like Suck for Luck but if the Saints would love to have him..j/s

We need Christian McCaffrey. Yes I would love Fournette but unless we are picking top 5 that won't happen. McCaffrey is exactly what this offense is missing as our satellite back. He is a near clone of Reggie Bush but even better suited for the NFL. Has a thicker lower base and is more of a north south runner. Also he can carry the load of a #1 RB unlike Bush. I'm one of the biggest Bush fans there is but I really believe McCaffrey is an even better fit here. He would instantly change our offense opening up the field for everyone. I really think this position is as important as OG and even some of our holes on defense. Yes our offense has still been near the top of the league it hasn't been the same since losing Bush/Sproles. I wouldn't hesitate to trade back into the 1st similar to the Ingram trade after we grab a defender like Peppers with our 1st pick. McCaffrey would be an absolute game changer for this team. Dalvin Cook from FSU is another stud RB who would fit here perfectly but McCaffrey is my first choice. If we can walk away from this draft with one of Fournette, McCaffrey, or Cook then we will be in very good shape.

MCcaffrey is like a bigger Danny Woodhead. He can play 4-5 positions.

I like him a lot, but we need a RB that can keep our defense off the field. Not sure if he is big and rugged enough to take over a game.
Brian Hill from Wyoming. Kid is a stud.

4VrcS1D.gif

And it would be a HUGE waste of a draft pick for the Saints to take him so Sean Payton can give him 12 carries a game!!..........:jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom