Some Cowboy fans rooting for Saints to win (1 Viewer)

I have wanted the Saints to lose before. Last year when it was clear we were out of playoff contention i was afraid that we may have pulled off 4 wins in a row or something and somehow keep around Brooks and Haslett while dropping us closer to the middle of the draft.

Was it wrong for me to want us to lose to insure Haslett and Brooks were done and we were higher in the draft, since we were out of playoff talk anyway?

I'm with you. Sometimes you have to consider what's best down the road for the team in the long run. Sure, I'll be happy for the players, but there is an ugly business side to NFL football and sometimes a loss is more strategically beneficial to the program as a whole.

i.e. As an Alabama fan I'm kind of hoping LSU smacks us down this weekend. Our coach is not ready for top tier SEC football. Now, if Alabama pulls off the upset, I will be happy for the players/kids and University....but in the long run, that may not be what is best for the program.

I was pulling for a top draft pick too. It wasn't like we were in contention for the playoffs. Still, when we made a few good plays, I found myself rooting just as hard for them. It's hard to wish for the Saints to lose, and I find that I almost can't do it. It's kinda like wanting candy. You would be pleased with lemon drops, but secretly want chocolate.

I live in Dallas. I have some people on my office who are actually looking forward to the Saints smacking the Cowboys down. They're tired of the drama and management around the Cowboys, and they want to see Payton roll over his mentor Parcells. Very strange words to hear.

Some of them are talking that they wanted Payton to replace Parcells.

As a longtime fan of Bill Parcells-I agree that he's lost it-you can tell it in his coaching decisions(i.e. going for 2 in the first half of the Skins game) and in his press conferences.

As a former resident of The Big Easy-he shows that same defeated demeanor that Mike Ditka showed on the sidelines and in his press conferences during his stint here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom