Some DC candidates (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
2013 New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Search: Who Is the Best Choice? | Bleacher Report

It's Bleacher Report but they include some interesting candidates i never thought about.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Agree. :goodpost:

If this was a narrative from CBS Sportsline or NFL.com (or even NOLA.com), it would have gotten more traction. Unfortunately, some believe that if it says "Bleacher Report," it's automatically garbage.

Be that as it may, this is actually a pretty decent article, and you're right: Some of the names are very intriguing.

Thanks, bro. :cool:

:gosaints:

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'm hoping that our next DC is on the same magnitude as Sean Payton. Prior to our getting him, not many of us knew who he was... or even that he started one of the Scab games (vs. the Saints) for the Bears.

Whether our next DC is high profile or under the radar... I'm hoping that we get the best one available.

:gosaints:

Kicks

All-Pro
Reaction score
If the Saints have already decided on a DC, and if that person is currently with the 49ers or Ravens, then I would like to see the Saints make that announcement late this afternoon (Friday) only because that's just what goodell and the NFL would not want them to do.

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am still on the Jim Tomsula bandwagon but Derek Mason does intrigue me.
I have to admit reading that article I saw the name Derek Mason and said "What the???"

And then "OOOOO that Derek Mason".

bino22_

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Saints have already decided on a DC, and if that person is currently with the 49ers or Ravens, then I would like to see the Saints make that announcement late this afternoon (Friday) only because that's just what goodell and the NFL would not want them to do.
That would be hilarious. Seriously though, if Sean is looking to hire someone from one of the super bowl teams I hope that they don't deny him from interviewing their coaches. Jim Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would do that just to be a jerk.

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
That would be hilarious. Seriously though, if Sean is looking to hire someone from one of the super bowl teams I hope that they don't deny him from interviewing their coaches. Jim Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would do that just to be a jerk.
You don't deny a line coach from interviewing for a DC job, that's just horrible and taboo in the NFL.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
You don't deny a line coach from interviewing for a DC job, that's just horrible and taboo in the NFL.
I thought permission wasn't necessary to interview people for what would be a promotion. I think you only need permission to interview someone for a lateral move.

Tim C

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I thought permission wasn't necessary to interview people for what would be a promotion. I think you only need permission to interview someone for a lateral move.
Anything short of being an assistant HC is considered a lateral move, even from Dline Coach to D Coord. Seeing as how we really need our D line to play lights out and let our LBs make plays, I'm all for Tomsula.

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This guy seems interesting:

Darren Perry, Green Bay Packers Secondary Coach
Remember Perry, Saints fans?
He was the starting safety opposite Sammy Knight in the 2000 season that helped bring the franchise it's first victory. He has had an awfully successful run as a coach in the NFL, as well.
He's only got about a decade of coaching experience in the NFL, all as a defensive backs coach, but he has two big things going for him. First, he has learned from two of the greatest minds to ever field a 3-4 defense in Dock Lebeau and Dom Capers. Second, his player development skills are outstanding.
He is credited with the rapid development of Troy Polamalu and Chris Hope while in Pittsburgh and helping resurrect Charles Woodson's career as well as turning Tramon Williams into a starting corner in Green Bay.
He could be available once Dom Capers is relieved of his duties after a couple of bad years for the Packers.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm getting higher and higher on the Tomsula band waggon. I was all in for Romeo Crennel at first but i'd be extremely happy with either one of these two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom