Some DC candidates (1 Viewer)

2013 New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Search: Who Is the Best Choice? | Bleacher Report

It's Bleacher Report but they include some interesting candidates i never thought about.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Agree. :goodpost:

If this was a narrative from CBS Sportsline or NFL.com (or even NOLA.com), it would have gotten more traction. Unfortunately, some believe that if it says "Bleacher Report," it's automatically garbage.

Be that as it may, this is actually a pretty decent article, and you're right: Some of the names are very intriguing.

Thanks, bro. :cool:

:gosaints:

I am still on the Jim Tomsula bandwagon but Derek Mason does intrigue me.

I'm hoping that our next DC is on the same magnitude as Sean Payton. Prior to our getting him, not many of us knew who he was... or even that he started one of the Scab games (vs. the Saints) for the Bears.

Whether our next DC is high profile or under the radar... I'm hoping that we get the best one available.

:gosaints:

If the Saints have already decided on a DC, and if that person is currently with the 49ers or Ravens, then I would like to see the Saints make that announcement late this afternoon (Friday) only because that's just what goodell and the NFL would not want them to do.

I am still on the Jim Tomsula bandwagon but Derek Mason does intrigue me.

I have to admit reading that article I saw the name Derek Mason and said "What the???"

And then "OOOOO that Derek Mason".

If the Saints have already decided on a DC, and if that person is currently with the 49ers or Ravens, then I would like to see the Saints make that announcement late this afternoon (Friday) only because that's just what goodell and the NFL would not want them to do.

That would be hilarious. Seriously though, if Sean is looking to hire someone from one of the super bowl teams I hope that they don't deny him from interviewing their coaches. Jim Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would do that just to be a jerk.

Great coach? Check.
3-4 mind? Double Check.
Great guy? Check.
Retained by multiple coaches for being awesome? Check.
Humble? Check.

That would be hilarious. Seriously though, if Sean is looking to hire someone from one of the super bowl teams I hope that they don't deny him from interviewing their coaches. Jim Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would do that just to be a jerk.
You don't deny a line coach from interviewing for a DC job, that's just horrible and taboo in the NFL.

You don't deny a line coach from interviewing for a DC job, that's just horrible and taboo in the NFL.
I thought permission wasn't necessary to interview people for what would be a promotion. I think you only need permission to interview someone for a lateral move.

I thought permission wasn't necessary to interview people for what would be a promotion. I think you only need permission to interview someone for a lateral move.
Anything short of being an assistant HC is considered a lateral move, even from Dline Coach to D Coord. Seeing as how we really need our D line to play lights out and let our LBs make plays, I'm all for Tomsula.

This guy seems interesting:

Darren Perry, Green Bay Packers Secondary Coach
Remember Perry, Saints fans?
He was the starting safety opposite Sammy Knight in the 2000 season that helped bring the franchise it's first victory. He has had an awfully successful run as a coach in the NFL, as well.
He's only got about a decade of coaching experience in the NFL, all as a defensive backs coach, but he has two big things going for him. First, he has learned from two of the greatest minds to ever field a 3-4 defense in Dock Lebeau and Dom Capers. Second, his player development skills are outstanding.
He is credited with the rapid development of Troy Polamalu and Chris Hope while in Pittsburgh and helping resurrect Charles Woodson's career as well as turning Tramon Williams into a starting corner in Green Bay.
He could be available once Dom Capers is relieved of his duties after a couple of bad years for the Packers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom