Some DC candidates (1 Viewer)

I'm getting higher and higher on the Tomsula band waggon. I was all in for Romeo Crennel at first but i'd be extremely happy with either one of these two.

I wish we hire Tomsula as the defensive coordinator and then poach Mason from Stanford to coach the secondary. Win-win!

That would be hilarious. Seriously though, if Sean is looking to hire someone from one of the super bowl teams I hope that they don't deny him from interviewing their coaches. Jim Harbaugh seems like the kind of guy who would do that just to be a jerk.

You don't deny a line coach from interviewing for a DC job, that's just horrible and taboo in the NFL.

While it would be perfectly within his rights to deny the Eagles or Saints the opportunity to interview his coaches (as other people have pointed out, it would still be considered a lateral move), it would come back to haunt him if he were ever in the same position. Eventually, he is going to lose one of his coordinators to a head coaching job (which he CAN'T refuse) and he will have to interview OC or DC candidates.. teams will remember when he refused their requests and deny him permission in return.

While it would be perfectly within his rights to deny the Eagles or Saints the opportunity to interview his coaches (as other people have pointed out, it would still be considered a lateral move), it would come back to haunt him if he were ever in the same position. Eventually, he is going to lose one of his coordinators to a head coaching job (which he CAN'T refuse) and he will have to interview OC or DC candidates.. teams will remember when he refused their requests and deny him permission in return.

The reason I brought it up is that I recall a post recently that had a link to an article that said that some team was denied permission to interview one of the 49ers coaches last year IIRC. I could be mistaken though.

The reason I brought it up is that I recall a post recently that had a link to an article that said that some team was denied permission to interview one of the 49ers coaches last year IIRC. I could be mistaken though.

You are correct: (from 2/11/12)

The day after the 49ers' season concluded, coach Jim Harbaugh said he planned to keep the 49ers' coaching staff intact. True to Harbaugh's words, the 49ers have taken at least one step to guarantee it.The 49ers denied defensive backs coach Ed Donatell the opportunity to interview for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defensive coordinator job, the NFL Network reported Saturday.NFL clubs have the right to deny permission for any assistant coach under contract to interview for any other NFL job other than a head-coaching position.

49ers deny permission for Donatell to talk with Bucs | CSN Bay Area

Maybe he gets a pass for denying permission after his first year as HC.. I think if he does it again tho', teams will remember.

It could have been that Tomsula was denied permission to interview because the 49ers were still alive in the postseason... By the time their season ended, that spot was probably already filled. I really believe that if we were going for a college DC or Crennell or Mangini, we would have already made a move. We've GOT to be waiting on an asst from either SF or Baltimore.

...and for the record, Tomsula is tops on my wish list at this point, with the seconday coach from Baltimore being next.

I'm really hoping against Donatell. I hope he's NOT our guy.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought I was on the Politics board for a second, heh.

So its either Tomsula or Teryl Austin from Baltimore. Both looks like they know what they're doing....I honestly don't know anything about T Austin.....but I know a good D when I see one. And the Ravens D has been good for a long time.....

I would be trilled with either of them....

wow, all except mangini are good candidates. i think our dc is in this group for sure.

>>>I'm hoping that our next DC is on the same magnitude as Sean Payton. Prior to our getting him, not many of us knew who he was... or even that he started one of the Scab games (vs. the Saints) for the Bears.

I was there. Can anyone remember the name of the Saints QB in that game?

just because he is waiting doesn't mean our next dc is from sfr balt. does anyone know if sp has interviewed anybody? aving said that i like tomasula.then perry.

I am also on the Tomsula bandwagon and I have a feeling that who is coach is waiting for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom