Some doofus has taken his view.... (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
...of a business relationship I had with him (I was a contractor for him, did many hours of work trying to keep up with his scope creep and never got the agreed upon money - only a small portion of it) public. He has posted on several public forums about his dissatisfaction with the project. Here is one post -

We contracted with you to do a jQuery programming project for
us, but you never delivered anything that worked correctly. You
promised us for months, and months, and months that if we were patient
you would complete the project for us. As you know, you never delivered
on your promises. Now, almost a year later (even though you said the
project would only take a few weeks or so), with no communication or
progress from you for several months now, we want our money refunded.
The way you have treated us has been extremely unprofessional and has
wasted a huge amount of our time. Please reply back as soon as possible to discuss a resolution. Thank you.

xxxx xxxxx, CEO and Co-Founder
xxxxxxxx LLC

I went back and forth with this guy and offered to refund what little money he had paid me over the course of several months even though I delivered working code according to his original spec and warned him several times that he was introducing scope creep and wanted to add things to the project that would cause the working version to fail. I have kept all communications about the project between me and him.

He actually refused the refund at one point (I have that in writing). I got paid $600 for nearly $5000 worth of work. That is the tough part of being a contractor - you sometimes don't know what you're stepping into and you constantly have to chase after checks from some of them.

Am I better off to just refund the $600. Or should I tell him that he has to remove all public postings and provide proof of that before he sees one red cent? Or should I sue him over the completed work that was delivered and not paid for?

What would you do?

green thumb for using doofus.

that sucks. this is why i couldn't be an IT contractor. i waste enough time as is talking upper management out of software proposals and changes that won't work.

...of a business relationship i had with him (i was a contractor for him, did many hours of work trying to keep up with his scope creep and never got the agreed upon money - only a small portion of it) public. He has posted on several public forums about his dissatisfaction with the project. Here is one post -

i went back and forth with this guy and offered to refund what little money he had paid me over the course of several months even though i delivered working code according to his original spec and warned him several times that he was introducing scope creep and wanted to add things to the project that would cause the working version to fail. I have kept all communications about the project between me and him.

He actually refused the refund at one point (i have that in writing). I got paid $600 for nearly $5000 worth of work. That is the tough part of being a contractor - you sometimes don't know what you're stepping into and you constantly have to chase after checks from some of them.

Am i better off to just refund the $600. Or should i tell him that he has to remove all public postings and provide proof of that before he sees one red cent? Or should i sue him over the completed work that was delivered and not paid for?

What would you do?

wwjv51d?

LOL - it gets better. I just examined his project online and found my files (with my signature information) being used in the project. Screenshots have been taken.

LOL - it gets better. I just examined his project online and found my files (with my signature information) being used in the project. Screenshots have been taken.

As someone who has worked as an IT contracter for several years I have only one thing to say....

Go get him !

It sounds to me like he owes you some money. I think you have a good case against him, especially if you delivered working code based on the original spec. I would have been paid out for that first before performing anything else. Any work after that should have new estimates/been written up in a separate contracts.

Sue him for the rest he owes you.
Let me know when the people's Court episode will air.

What a dumb***, does he not know what you do for a living....:hihi:

I would sue. I would most certainly not be refunding any money.

You warned him, in writing, that what he was requesting was not doable.
Now he is defaming your work which has the possibility of causing you damage.
I would take him to court for the money he owed me plus the removal of the libel as well as an retraction.

Spoke with the legal beagle - to add insult to what will be the doofus's injury the doofus didn't sign the contract on the behalf of his LLC, he signed it as a personal contract.

Nice GW93 - but I'll take the high road. I did hear from another contractor who had worked for him right after I took the contract and I have contacted him again today.

Everytime I see your avatar man.

KFC%2BBig%2BHead%252C%2BLittle%2BBody.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom