Some ESPN chat props. (1 Viewer)

The Baron

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Adam (New Orleans): Your thoughts on the Saints and the effort to improve their defense this off-season?

Matt Williamson: (1:18 PM ET ) LOVE the Vilma move. They hardly gave anything up! Resigning Young was smart. Could use one more DT to protect Vilma and they really only need a TE on O-which should allow them to draft a CB in round 1. NO is a contender.

What do y'all thing about a TE in the 2nd or 3rd if we get a CB in Rd 1 and a DT in free agency?

Of course, if we get Troupe, maybe a TE in the 5-7 rounds...

Once again we have filled the holes in FA so we can go BPA in the draft. We definately need a CB early though.....with the way the talent looks with respect to position depth and if we stay put, I could easily see us going CB in round 1, LBer in round 2 and DT in round 3.

Once again we have filled the holes in FA so we can go BPA in the draft. We definately need a CB early though.....with the way the talent looks with respect to position depth and if we stay put, I could easily see us going CB in round 1, LBer in round 2 and DT in round 3.

I think we did a very good job so far in FA, but I still see some hole that I wish we could sure up before the draft.

I think we still need a DT. I am not sold on Young and Hollis is a year older. I am a Clancy fan and Lake is good for spot duty, but I think another solid-good DT is a must.

I think another CB is need too. No telling what MM status will be at the start of the year and I am not comfortable with David as a starter.

As of right now TE is still a need because we do not have one. Hopefully we land Troupe.

For me (and this is JMO) FS is a big need. I am very down on Bullocks. I think he has had his chances and has failed. I do not think it is ironic that the CBs on his side of the field have been toarched. 2 different CBs in two years. It was apparent that they played bad, but on several occasions were looking for help over the top and it was not there.

I would also like to see another WR added to compete. We do this every off season anyway, so I am not worried that we will do it again, but we seem to be riding our hopes on a redshirt WR. That is a concern for me.

Agreed....and we minus well get DRC, he has the most upside out of all of the DB's....reach or not, it would be one worth taking.

Agreed....and we minus well get DRC, he has the most upside out of all of the DB's....reach or not, it would be one worth taking.

Totally agree with you, meily.....I'd LOVE DRC at #10.

only question about DRC is will he have an impact this year or are we banking on next year?

If it is next year then i would say DT or LB so we can have a patrick willis type impact and worry about a CB later on.

only question about DRC is will he have an impact this year or are we banking on next year?

If it is next year then i would say DT or LB so we can have a patrick willis type impact and worry about a CB later on.

If you keep putting off CB because they need a year of development ... we're never going to draft a CB. Taking one now is actually best, because they can learn behind MM and Gay for a year, that way when next year comes our CB corps is very solid and very young plus the great vet in McKenzie. By the time McKenzie leaves we'll be looking at a seasoned corps of Gay/Young/David/DRC (or McKelvin, Jenkins, etc).

I'd like Ellis or Dorsey even if it requires trading up appropriately. But if not take Jenkins or DRC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom