Some folks in local media not on board with Roman Harper going into Saints Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Sticky Post
One particular reason is that they believed Harper played his best football with Carolina. Any thoughts?

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
For one thing, I have no idea who this Ramon Harper is you're talking about. Was he one of the Ramones? :LOL:

But if you're talking about Roman Harper, I'm sure they're just filling the air with heat because that's what they do. Harper might not have been an INT machine, but his contributions to the secondary go beyond stats. Ended up being a much better linebacker than a safety, of course.

OP
DerrickB

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Click bait. There's only one guy on the SB team that probably won't get in, and that because he's currently doing time.
So you think Garrett Hartley should get in? What about Usama Young?

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what you go by. His best season for tackles was in new Orleans but in 8 or so seasons in new Orleans he had 7 interceptions, in his first year in Carolina he had 4. I lean more and more that our organization doesn't know the definition of defense, maybe someone can tweet Payton a picture from Websters. But back to the original question, his best year was probably at bama

Harper made Pro Bowls with the Saints, he was a very good in the box safety actually ushering in the position for guys like Kenny Vacarro, Von Bell who (say what you will) played well at the position despite injuries ( Vacarro) or lack of turnovers (V. Bell)

Jt018u

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not comparing him to anyone. The original question asked about Carolina and new Orleans, I simply states stats comparisons, look them up, Google is a wonderful tool. And before any "fan" comment, I was born in 82 and have been a fan since I was old enough to remember. But again, to the point I didn't compare him to anyone. My favorite safety was sammy knight

Reaction score
He’s definitely one of the most under appreciated players during his tenure here.
He was like a hibred safety/lb. Great on blitzes. He got a lot of fan abuse for blown coverages. However I'm like a lot of old school Saints fans who say anybody that was on the Saints team that turned it around deserves the accolades.

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
I have the feeling ANY solid starter who is remembered on that SUPER BOWL winning team deserves it. Those clickbaiting local media can kick rocks

WHO DAT!!
U know what. Put all 53 on that team on there. I would applaud. Because I am 49 years old and may die never seeing another one. If Tracy Porter personally came up to me every day asking for 20 bucks I would give it to him, no questions asked. Our grandchildren may be the next to witness a Saints SB winner. Should have won 3 and been to 5 since that year. Between the Clown, refs, and football gods turning their backs on us, I am 100 percent jaded. BTW 2011 would destroy any Saints team ever. Damn PT concussion and it was over. Oh, and a zero blitz with a lead.

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How can you not think the Hopper should be in our HOF, I mean it’s not like it’s the NFL HOF!

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
The true measure of a d'back isn't stats, in my mind, anyway. If you're good, they throw/run the other way. That doesn't help your stats.

I can't remember a game (maybe I'm blocking them out), that he played in, that he didn't make his presence felt.

Heck, even if I'm way off base, and folks don't think HE belongs, I think we can ALL agree to induct his neck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - July 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - July 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday media availability - July 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans center Derrick Favors media availability - July 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard E'Twaun Moore media availability - July 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Brandon Ingram media availability - July 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - July 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Darius Miller media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard JJ Redick media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Josh Hart media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans David Griffin media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom