Some folks in local media not on board with Roman Harper going into Saints Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

How can you not think the Hopper should be in our HOF, I mean it’s not like it’s the NFL HOF!

The true measure of a d'back isn't stats, in my mind, anyway. If you're good, they throw/run the other way. That doesn't help your stats.

I can't remember a game (maybe I'm blocking them out), that he played in, that he didn't make his presence felt.

Heck, even if I'm way off base, and folks don't think HE belongs, I think we can ALL agree to induct his neck!

Harper was a very solid “in-the-box” SS during his prime. He was excellent vs the run and a very good blitzer... and he was serviceable in coverage. His “prime” didn’t really last very long, but the Saints won their SuperBowl during it.

He might have started the non-definable position type of player trend the Saints seem to love. Being very good at multitasking and being a great leader goes a long way in today’s world.

Unfortunately when I think of Harper I remember those terrible shoulder tackle attempts late in his career. Hated those. I liked him as a player here overall but I yelled at the tv alot when he would whiff trying to throw that shoulder tackle.

When your most memorable play is getting burned by Vernon Davis for the game winning TD in a divisional playoff game, I'd vote No to the saints HOF.

Not to say he wasn't a good player for us, bit not Hof worthy

The Saints hall of fame as people have said is pretty easy to get into. Now, with that being said, Harper was a very good in the box blitzing, stuff the run type safety. He was a tweener linebacker/safety and it showed when he had to open field cover. However, for the vast majority of the time he was a very good player and from what I’ve heard an exceptional man and leader.

Last edited:
Most people will look at stats and make the determination if he’s HOF worthy, Football is more than just what you can rack up on paper.

It has been said by numerous players how much of a leader Roman is and I think that has to go into consideration.

Speaking for myself I can tell you how invaluable it is to have someone who can lead people and motivate them even on the worst of days.

I’m not on board with somebody folks in the media being in the media.

43 comments and not one saying how good he was in pass coverage. Well?
He was a SS, not a FS. That's not really the criteria for a strong safety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom