Saints Some have forgotten how talented Jameis is (1 Viewer)

Man... Give me a more talented and attainable QB if Winston is so bad. Lol

No @SweetT Wilson isn't attainable, but I like how you speak it into existence so hard.
Lol, at the end of the day, I just want to see exciting football. I also wish Devin White would’ve missed the tackle that took JW out.

The Bucs top rusher was on the team in 2020 as well as their 1st, 2nd and 4th best receivers. They added talent, but not their top talent. But they also went from 33 passing TDs and 30 Ints to 42 passing TDs and 12 Ints. My guess is that makes a massive difference in wins.
You're right, the GOAT is better than Winston, is that the point your trying to make? I wonder what would've happen last year had Brees retired and Brady joined the Saints. :hmm:

The Bucs top rusher was on the team in 2020 as well as their 1st, 2nd and 4th best receivers. They added talent, but not their top talent. But they also went from 33 passing TDs and 30 Ints to 42 passing TDs and 12 Ints. My guess is that makes a massive difference in wins.
Arians allowed Brady to transition offense from a read deep 1st then short offense to a read short 1st.

Cherry picking stats without actually watching every snap taken by the Bucs along with your dislike of Winston distorts your evaluation. Along with Bucs WR's acknowledging Winston received far too much blame for interceptions receivers running incorrect routes.

Tampa was 7-5 before their bye with Brady.

Brady was 28:11 going into that bye and on pace for the most INT of his career.

Please... You got to do better than 30 for 30 and Brady won a Superbowl in Tampa if want people to believe this trash. Especially people that actually spends time dissecting what changed from 2019 to 2020. It was a lot. Not just personal, but also a lot of internal growth and development.

And at one point... Brady and Arian was about to collapse before Arian yielded to Brady.

can we take a moment to acknowledge how much progress sean made in changing jameis' thought process? knowing what we know now, tampa jameis would have thrown 15 picks in the games he played.
Acknowledge something good about Jameis Winston? Good luck with that.

No, the point I’m trying to make is that while see posts crapping on players like Andrus Peat and Adam Trautman and Marcus Williams, they are simultaneously talking about Jameis as though he was a great passer for this team while our passing stats have gone from the some of the highest in the league, to near dead last. I do not understand the fascination with this guy. He’s never been consistent and has a 33 and 44 win/loss record and hasn’t shown anything better than he did in Tampa.

This team is QBless and it blows my mind that there are fans that are satisfied with going from a HOF QB to Jameis Winston long term as though he is something special.
And again you fail to understand what Payton was doing with Winston. Payton had to breakthrough a lifetime of bad habits with Winston in order for him to reach his full potential and that wouldn't happen overnight. Winston, even with all of his faults, has shown that he can throw the ball, imagine what he could be capable of under the right coaching.

As for going from Brees to Winston and being satisfied, well unlike GB, an Aaron Rogers didn't fall into our lap 4 years ago. Are you saying that there were better options for the team?

He's also a black quarterback who wears #2 and people still hate THAT guy despite being statistically better than you know who which will trigger every boomer fan to clownface and dead Falcon me.
I don't know the significance of Winston wearing the number 2 or who you're referring to as being statistically better than whoever you know whom is. I'm curious to know the two people you're referring to and the significance of Winston wearing the number 2.

If there are people that dislike and are critical of Winston just because he's black, then there are most likely people who like and support Winston because he's black. Unfortunately, there's too much of that stuff and it goes both ways. No player's skin color should be a factor in whether or not someone likes or supports them.

Give him the tools, and he’s top tier. He can certainly masks ALL the throws, and can also put a soft touch on short passes. He can also scramble to keep a drive alive.

Haters won’t agree, but see if this vid is a good reminder: 🤔

:gosaints:

You are talking college. Big difference. But he is still the best the Saints had for THIS year! I am not sold on Jameis for the long term answer. And I am not a hater. I am simply a fan that believes in this case, this player (Jameis) is not the best the Saints can do long term. So that makes me a hater? Just curious.

Give him the tools, and he’s top tier. He can certainly masks ALL the throws, and can also put a soft touch on short passes. He can also scramble to keep a drive alive.

Haters won’t agree, but see if this vid is a good reminder: 🤔

:gosaints:

2 46 go to 246

I see potential but I also see that he is pretty bad at throwing receivers open and anticipating the throws he needs to make. Receivers seem like they need to have good separation already before he throws the ball, leading to him holding the ball for too long and taking sacks. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by his improvement and I really do like him as our QB if we cannot upgrade. My personal opinion is he can win games but I just can't see him going undefeated in the playoffs against top tier defenses and WINNING a Super Bowl. It takes a very smart QB that doesn't make many mistakes. I don't think that is Jameis. Just my opinion. I do believe Sean and Mickey will be doing everything they possibly can to upgrade the QB position this offseason.

No, the point I’m trying to make is that while see posts crapping on players like Andrus Peat and Adam Trautman and Marcus Williams, they are simultaneously talking about Jameis as though he was a great passer for this team while our passing stats have gone from the some of the highest in the league, to near dead last. I do not understand the fascination with this guy. He’s never been consistent and has a 33 and 44 win/loss record and hasn’t shown anything better than he did in Tampa.

This team is QBless and it blows my mind that there are fans that are satisfied with going from a HOF QB to Jameis Winston long term as though he is something special.

That's the thing. JW is special. He won the Heisman and a National Championship at FSU. He has all the talent in the world. He's a football savant and loves the game more than anything. He's a team guy. He's mobile and he has an absolute cannon for an arm and a refusal to be afraid to try any throw. He won the NC on one good leg and ran when needed. He ran the ball well here earlier this year when needed.

He's a giant, walking opportunity who's never really gotten it all together with all the pieces, but he's been willing to humble himself and do whatever was asked of him here in NOLA.

There is no more talented guy in the NFL right now and there isn't even a close approximation of him in this year's draft.

So, while you keep whining about he's not a HOF guy or not the best we can do, you're absolutely freaking wrong.

We have no cap room. We have no surefire #1 in the draft we can get and we have nobody in the wings who has even half of Winston's basic, God-given talent.

He is the best we can do right now and for next year and those are the facts. Anything else is a pipe dream and if you put him on the field next year with the talent we've been missing this year due to injury we are a guaranteed winner.

But they didn't.....
*They upgraded every weakness outside of QB while the defense got a lot stronger year 2 under Bowles. This is verifiable. If you think the only change made to offense was Brady, your take on THIS matter isn't too credible. That's the media take.
*After going 7-5 heading to the bye, Brady realized he couldn't play in the "no risk it, no biscuit" offense and they went to an offense that he was more familiar with. This is also verifiable.
*Their defense carried them through the playoffs and Super Bowl; not Tom Brady. (the WFT :cautious:, we beat ourselves, the defense saved Tom Brady and his 3 INT game against the Packers, and the defense held the Chiefs to their lowest point total since 2017).
Facts....they have no use for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom