Saints Some have forgotten how talented Jameis is (1 Viewer)

He was a 6 year veteran player, that sat behind Brees for an entire season in this very program, and still had to have the training wheels on and had to compete with an UDFA QB that had 4 career starts. Maybe things were coming along a little and I have given him credit for having his best game against Tampa right before he was injured.

The fact is that AK is the true reason we were 5-2 and the reason we haven't done anything since he was injured during the Atlanta game. He accounts for more of our offense than any other single player with 840 all purpose yards and 7 TDs in those 8 games.
Boy, you sure have a selective memory. Why don't you go look at the first few games of 2006. You know, where we had a 5 year veteran playing in a CSP offense for the first time. Let me know how they compare. DB wasn't exactly blowing up the stat lines there. Try a different argument because you don't know what goes into the thought processes of game planning nor the development of players. CSP has a plan in place until injuries or other throw those plans out the window.

There are a few things that not are speculation that most Winston critics wish to ignore:1) Payton recruited and signed Jameis two years ago, 2) even though he was on a 1-year deal it was a priority to resign him (critics like to mention the not under contract thing), 3) Payton named Jameis the starter and he was more successful than any other guy thus far. Each of these things are non-debatable.
Despite these facts, critics deduce that Sean would not be willing to try it again with Winton. That's illogical. Yes, we drafted Book and Taysom is under contract but the idea that mortgaging our assets to get a guy like Russ (Aaron can't leave until after 2023) instead of running it back with Jameis is neither pragmatic nor logical.

I'll give the Jameis cult one thing, you guys are dedicated to defending your guy. I'll eat my crow if Jameis ever turns into the reason why this or any other team is winning games, but after his 7ish years in the league, I'll make sure I have some snacks while I'm waiting.
There's no Jameis cult outside AHJ...its just that your QB posts are crap. Personally I'm tired of looking at them, how about you take a break from your anti JW crusade, stop clown rating every positive JW post in every thread and go do something productive.

Are you trying to equate a QB coming off of reconstructive shoulder surgery, moving to a new team that was bad, into a new city that hadn't played a home game in over a year, with a brand new first time head coach to a guy that was fully healthy, got to sit behind a hall of famer for a year, in a world class facility with a team that had been good up until that point for many years, with a program that's been in place for 15 years? That is an entirely different set of circumstances
Yeah, you know. It's like Sean had training wheels on because it was a new system he was implementing or something. It was developing as it went on and became more and more complicated through the years. Couldn't imagine why he'd do that with ANY new QB. You don't teach calculus to a fifth grader just as CSP wouldn't give JW or DB his entire complex playbook all at once. It's piecemeal. You saw it every time DB was taken out for some reason. The playbook went less complicated for the backup. CSP knows what works and knows trying to throw a brand new QB, regardless of having sat behind Brees for a year, would not work well.

Not to mention, DB was a special talent that grew over the years. His football acumen grew to where CSP and him pretty much knew what the other was thinking, finishing each other's sentences- or in this instance plays. DB also understood every aspect of every play and could call out the coverages to his lineman. Doubt anybody in the QB room could do what Drew was doing in his later years. Why? Because he had so much time in the system that he knew it inside and out like Sean. You're trying to put down JW as being ineffective when we saw exactly how he treated his new QB.

You're trying to discredit my argument by using an argument that's actually quite relevant for this season. A major hurricane devastated the area this year displacing the team just like it did the year prior to Drew's arrival. The only real difference is JW didn't have a season ending injury(well, now he does). We also have the pandemic that wasn't around when Drew came in.

Yes, it's different. But what isn't different is the fact that CSP's throwing offense starts off small then builds on the success of it's quarterback AND receivers. As Drew and the receivers got better, the playbook expanded. And who's to say that CSP didn't trust JW just as much as he may not have trusted the wide receivers? This could be a very different conversation we'd be having if Michael Thomas had been in the lineup from the beginning.

So what am I saying? The decisions made this year and in 2006 are multifaceted. It ain't just JW. CSP's had kid gloves on for JW, whether that's due to JW's ability, the WR's abilities, or something else, who knows? I don't, and neither do you. Get off your high horse.

There was never a debate? Yes there was. And even a competition. Just out of curiosity how many yards did Jameis throw for as a Saint? Answer: 148, 111, 128, 226, 279, 222. Taysom threw for 264 in his first start of the season with terrible receivers, a seriously depleted offensive line, a banged up hand and no Kamara against a Dallas defense that is very good and a great pass rush. Just a bit of perspective.

There was only a debate in your mind. Hill was given the shot and he lost. Bad.

Payton's plan for the beginning of the season was tossed in the trash and last night he let Hill sling it all over out of desperation. He threw 4 picks.

He lost the game, but he was damn sure exciting doing it.

There is an ignore button, feel free to use it if you must. I like a good debate and nothing, other than the suggestions that I'm racist for not liking Jameis as a player, bothers me at all. I'm not upset at the Jameis cult in the slightest.

And it's not an anti-Jameis crusade, it's an anti-myth crusade. I don't know if other teams fan bases create the same type of inflated value on their players, but it's definetly a thing with ours. Personally, I'd like to see more posts talking about how this team can actually transition into a new era of winning football rather than see fans of specific players inflate their value because they like them personally and maybe bought a jersey.

Nobody is inflating JWs value. It's you who is mounting a stupid crusade as if someone was telling you he was better than Brees and nobody has said that.

Repeatedly you have been told he's got all the talent, acumen and ability to try and he's the best shot we had and likely will have next year. And, others have added that his upside is insane based on his pedigree, football smarts and innate arm talent.

I'll give the Jameis cult one thing, you guys are dedicated to defending your guy. I'll eat my crow if Jameis ever turns into the reason why this or any other team is winning games, but after his 7ish years in the league, I'll make sure I have some snacks while I'm waiting.

You're gaslighting here and fooling yourself.

The cult here is you and the anti-JW cult.

Again, you're putting words in other people's mouths and it's bored me.

Winston could solve world hunger, but he'll credit the food producers that do it. It's just a pointless game of moving field goals and stretching trivial facts that speaks hot air in the room but it has very little correlating data to what he implies.

Like Kamara being the reason we are 5-2 in a team sport that needs as much talent and difference makers as possible to win game.

At the end of the day... Winston and company was actually winning games with a ton of growing pains through a hurricane, losing coaches, and your WR group being literally Callaway and Harris for 5 weeks.

This could be a very different conversation we'd be having if Michael Thomas had been in the lineup from the beginning.

Exactly what I was about to post. We never really got to see JW with the Saints complete offense, MT is a very important cog in this offense.

Hopefully we will next year, and if Jamies regresses or plays poorly I will eat crow (but I really don't think he will)....

Repeatedly you have been told he's got all the talent, acumen and ability to try and he's the best shot we had and likely will have next year. And, others have added that his upside is insane based on his pedigree, football smarts and innate arm talent.

Great post. It's like to some there is absolutely no chance that he would continue to improve or something. It's obvious he was already turning a corner....I mean if we were like 3-4 and he was throwing at least a pick a game then I could understand....but 5-2 (easily could have been 6-1) and a 14-3 TD/INT ratio just isn't good enough for some I guess....and also insanely efficient in the RZ....

One of the greats in the red zone and you'll still see people poopoo his short-intermediate passing game.
I think that's a big part of his game he'll work in the off season. I do worry about his knee and his long ball accuracy. I really hope that surgery isn't botched or he's working on a funky leg like Tua where he'll won't have that same consistently accurate deep ball.

But according to someone... He'll never amount to anything and we should just tank next year.

That wasn’t the same bucs team. They added a HOF QB, Gronk, leonard fournette, etc.
Exactly, if any team went through a major revamp in one offseason it was the Bucs when they landed Brady. Huge influx of talent and you didn't even mention Antonio Brown as a luxury third receiver, point is it was a huge makeover.

And it wasn't just players, Early in the season last year Brady was getting hit like a rag doll on long developing plays notorious in the Arians system. Brady had his say, more max protects were installed and the second half the season was a completely different offense. If you honestly do not know about Arians, ask any QB who played under him. Carson Palmer has gone on record for years now saying just that. To say that was the same Bucs team from the year prior is looney tunes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom