Saints Some have forgotten how talented Jameis is (1 Viewer)

True that. Isn't it amazing that last year we played the Bucs 3 times and only lost 2 quarters to them out of all 3 of those games? Unfortunately it was the only 2 quarters that mattered. Lol

Yep, I'm a huge CSP fan, but in hindsight Brees should not have been playing in that game. JW or TH would have given us a better chance to win....

The minute that the Saints decided to bring back Jameis, I knew the " a fans won't like him because he's a black QB" narrative was coming. It's sad.

Who said that here? TBH this comment is unnecessary and all it'll do is derail the actual conversation being had
How is it unnecessary, when someone already pointed it out in an a few posts from mine?

Sorry but you're dead wrong here. Tom Brady's playoff stats were 265 yards a game, 10 TDs vs 3 INT's last year....hardly Brad Johnson like. It's a popular misconception that Brady is mediocre in the playoffs over the years. .....And don't mistake me for a Brady fan, I never want to see him in a SB again....
That ypg average without the Washington game was 226.
And I wasn't really comparing stats, I was comparing situations and those 3 examples highlight the defense was the real MVP for the Bucs.

That ypg average without the Washington game was 226.
And I wasn't really comparing stats, I was comparing situations and those 3 examples highlight the defense was the real MVP for the Bucs.

So now you are comparing stats? Or something? What is the fascination with passing yards? It seems to be some kind of weird fall back from those that criticize QB play (not saying you are a JW critic, but seen it stated several times on this board from that group)....10 TD's to 3 picks equal winning football, especially in the playoffs....

I don't necessarily disagree that the Bucs D was the real MVP, but to call Brady's performance "Brad Johnson like" is just disingenuous....IMO...both sides of the ball were performing well....

"Honestly it's not about forgetting his talent, it's willingly overlooking and cherry picking negatives because he's a former division rival with a history of very dumb off field issues and knack for turning the ball over.

He's also a black quarterback who wears #2 and people still hate THAT guy despite being statistically better than you know who which will trigger every boomer fan to clownface and dead Falcon me.

It's not hard to see it, some folks are just scared to point it out. Whether he is the future is up for debate, but Jameis is indeed talented and easily the best QB we had this year."

That came from another poster.

You know how to suppress that kind of stuff. you don't give it oxygen or bring it back into the conversation long after that moment in the conversation passed. I regret bringing it back up now, because when I initially read it, I sighed to myself, shook my head then moved on quietly.
Understood, but you cannot ignore the fact that it's an issue.

"Honestly it's not about forgetting his talent, it's willingly overlooking and cherry picking negatives because he's a former division rival with a history of very dumb off field issues and knack for turning the ball over.

He's also a black quarterback who wears #2 and people still hate THAT guy despite being statistically better than you know who which will trigger every boomer fan to clownface and dead Falcon me.

It's not hard to see it, some folks are just scared to point it out. Whether he is the future is up for debate, but Jameis is indeed talented and easily the best QB we had this year."

That came from another poster.
I for one didn't get the reference until literally reading your post. It's an Aaron Brooks reference and the bad memories it brings up from those years. The "black" identifier was for some kind of unnecessary clarification. Not sure why it was needed but whatever. I'd hope the negatives people see in JW isn't because of his skin. CSP can't coach him into new skin so they'll have to get over that if they have a problem with it, but many people loved Teddy when he was here. So I don't think skin color has anything to do with people's arguments. They're just biased from his days at Tampa or overcritical maybe:idunno:

Understood, but you cannot ignore the fact that it's an issue.
That's not a conversation to be had here...its an issue but not for just the reason you singled out.

This is all I'm saying on this going forward...i'll go back and clean up my comments on this and you should clean up yours as well and keep the conversation on the field.

So now you are comparing stats? Or something? What is the fascination with passing yards? It seems to be some kind of weird fall back from those that criticize QB play (not saying you are a JW critic, but seen it stated several times on this board from that group)....10 TD's to 3 picks equal winning football, especially in the playoffs....

I don't necessarily disagree that the Bucs D was the real MVP, but to call Brady's performance "Brad Johnson like" is just disingenuous....IMO...both sides of the ball were performing well....
I never brought up Tom Brady's stats until YOU did..lol. The only stat that I mentioned of Brady's was his interceptions on 3 consecutive possessions. All he had to do was play the "Brad Johnson role" (Brad Johnson like was your working) and that was to manage the game because you have the best defense on the field. The way the defense played in the Super Bowl, whoever they put behind center for the Bucs would have won that game.

That's not a conversation to be had here...its an issue but not for just the reason you singled out.

This is all I'm saying on this going forward...i'll go back and clean up my comments on this and you should clean up yours as well and keep the conversation on the field.
Why should I clean it up? I did not say anything inappropriate?

I never brought up Tom Brady's stats until YOU did..lol. The only stat that I mentioned of Brady's was his interceptions on 3 consecutive possessions. All he had to do was play the "Brad Johnson role" (Brad Johnson like was your working) and that was to manage the game because you have the best defense on the field. The way the defense played in the Super Bowl, whoever they put behind center for the Bucs would have won that game.

Right....not....the dude has 7 rings....yet "despite" him....or anyone could have won at QB there....ridiculous and nonsensical....

I for one didn't get the reference until literally reading your post. It's an Aaron Brooks reference and the bad memories it brings up from those years. The "black" identifier was for some kind of unnecessary clarification. Not sure why it was needed but whatever. I'd hope the negatives people see in JW isn't because of his skin. CSP can't coach him into new skin so they'll have to get over that if they have a problem with it, but many people loved Teddy when he was here. So I don't think skin color has anything to do with people's arguments. They're just biased from his days at Tampa or overcritical maybe:idunno:
These are not issues for here but I detest the historical double standard. When the athlete has a dark hue and plays the position it becomes a critique about intelligence and reading routes but when the athlete has a lighter hue the focus is on effort and how physically gifted he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom