Saints Some have forgotten how talented MICHAEL THOMAS is.. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
I saw the Jameis thread of the same topic, but Thomas needs the juice as well!

I realize that CGM has been gone a LONG time, but don’t forget just how good this dude is!

I was looking at game footage of some of the top WR prospects for next April, and while I was watching Treylon Burks, I thought… “that looks like Michael Thomas”
Not trusting my memory, I searched for a Michael Thomas highlight reel from his OSU days…

That’s more impressive than the Burks footage… and CGM has already proven he can cut it at the highest level, to the tune of having the best WR year EVER!!!!

The Saints allowed Thomas the time to get back to 100. Whether it’s going to be the same is the only ??? …but hey, you’ve seen it.. even 80-90% of what he used to be is still a totally legit #1 WR.

With a QB that has live arm talent, Michael Thomas looks to be a BEAST as a back shoulder long ball and red zone threat!!!!

If the Saints can keep most of the current roster together… and just get healthy, they’re good enough to challenge right now!

Don’t forget that arguably the best WR in the NFL is expected to return to this offense 100% healthy! …Among the things about CGM that I do not question, it’s work ethic… he’s gonna be ready.

👆🏻 That guy is coming back!

(*click the “watch on YouTube link if link doesn’t work)

Nobody has forgot, he's one of the top 5 receivers in the game
I love the player, and he’s been gone so long, I almost forgot!

Reminding myself on just how good of a player he is… it made me feel better about next season.

When he’s right, he’s next to unstoppable

I don’t blame anyone if they don’t remember… it takes YouTube to show what he use to do

That’s also when he was 25-27. He’s gonna be 30 by the time a little over when next season ends.

No hate, he’s a good player, but I honestly can’t name more than 2 hands of many WRs at 30 or over and was still elite in the last 20 years

Reposting these stats from the Bridgewater thread, but Thomas is a killer.

Michael Thomas with Teddy B at QB:
vs Seattle - 7 targets, 5 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD.
vs Dallas - 9 targets, 9 receptions, 95 yards.
vs Tampa Bay - 13 targets, 11 receptions, 182 yards, 2 TD.
vs Jacksonville - 12 targets, 8 receptions, 89 yards.
vs Chicago - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards.

Michael Thomas with Hill at QB:
vs Atlanta - 12 targets, 9 receptions, 104 yards.
vs Denver - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 50 yards.
vs Atlanta - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 105 yards.
vs Philly - 8 targets, 8 receptions, 84 yards.

Michael Thomas in nine games without Brees: 89 targets, 72 receptions, 894 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Pre-suspension Deonte Harris was leading all Saints receivers for 2021 and was on pace for 808 yards for the entire 17 game season.

I have no doubt that Michael Thomas will put in the work (and then some) to get back 100. He’s going to come back with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

He’s got some of the best hands of any WR in the game, and he’s also an excellent route runner… He’ll be fresh and his presence alone will help whatever other receivers are on the 2022 team. Guys like Deonte Harris and Marquez Callaway will look exponentially better when they’re filling the 3rd and 4th WR roles as opposed to the #1 and #2.

It’ll be awesome to see a WR that catches every pass he’s supposed to… and 95% of the passes 99% of other guys can’t.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom