Saints Some have forgotten how talented MICHAEL THOMAS is.. (1 Viewer)

If he would have listened and had surgery when the team doctors told him he needed it we would probably be leading the division right now.

I know he's good but after not playing for two seasons what shape will he be in? Will he be faster and stronger than ever? Will he be fat and out of shape? Will he be as in good of shape as expected while rehabbing?

He’s extremely talented!!! At being a diva! The man got payed and turned into the person we all thought he would but hoped for the best. He’s selfish and fake!!!

He’s extremely talented!!! At being a diva! The man got payed and turned into the person we all thought he would but hoped for the best. He’s selfish and fake!!!
He got paid and promptly turned in the best single season performance of any WR ever.
…then he got injured. He tried desperately to avoid surgery (because for many, surgery is a huge risk that could mean you’re never the same). He bet on himself to heal on his own, but he was wrong.

Is he cocky? Yes.
Is he super competitive? Again, YES.

It’s that cockiness and supreme competitiveness that is going to drive him to work his tail off to get back on top.

Let’s see him without Brees throwing to him. He was great but we know what Brees did for receivers. lets see what he is with the QB room we have now.

Let’s see him without Brees throwing to him. He was great but we know what Brees did for receivers. lets see what he is with the QB room we have now.
This post is from Breesus Saves in the Bridgewater thread but addresses your post directly:

Michael Thomas turned Bridgewater and Hill into fool's gold.

Michael Thomas with Teddy B at QB:
vs Seattle - 7 targets, 5 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD.
vs Dallas - 9 targets, 9 receptions, 95 yards.
vs Tampa Bay - 13 targets, 11 receptions, 182 yards, 2 TD.
vs Jacksonville - 12 targets, 8 receptions, 89 yards.
vs Chicago - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards.

Michael Thomas with Hill at QB:
vs Atlanta - 12 targets, 9 receptions, 104 yards.
vs Denver - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 50 yards.
vs Atlanta - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 105 yards.
vs Philly - 8 targets, 8 receptions, 84 yards.

So without Drew Brees starting in nine games, Michael Thomas put up this stat line: 89 targets, 72 receptions, 894 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Deonte Harris leads Saints receivers in 2021 in yards per game at 47.5. In a 17 game season, he'd have 808 yards. Nearly 100 yards less than what Thomas put up in nine games.

This team desperately needs Michael Thomas at full strength next season.

This post is from Breesus Saves in the Bridgewater thread but addresses your post directly:

Michael Thomas turned Bridgewater and Hill into fool's gold.

Michael Thomas with Teddy B at QB:
vs Seattle - 7 targets, 5 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD.
vs Dallas - 9 targets, 9 receptions, 95 yards.
vs Tampa Bay - 13 targets, 11 receptions, 182 yards, 2 TD.
vs Jacksonville - 12 targets, 8 receptions, 89 yards.
vs Chicago - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards.

Michael Thomas with Hill at QB:
vs Atlanta - 12 targets, 9 receptions, 104 yards.
vs Denver - 6 targets, 4 receptions, 50 yards.
vs Atlanta - 11 targets, 9 receptions, 105 yards.
vs Philly - 8 targets, 8 receptions, 84 yards.

So without Drew Brees starting in nine games, Michael Thomas put up this stat line: 89 targets, 72 receptions, 894 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Deonte Harris leads Saints receivers in 2021 in yards per game at 47.5. In a 17 game season, he'd have 808 yards. Nearly 100 yards less than what Thomas put up in nine games.

This team desperately needs Michael Thomas at full strength next season.
Thanks! Also I remember his frustrations with TB sometimes. He was so spoiled with accuracy.

If he would have listened and had surgery when the team doctors told him he needed it we would probably be leading the division right now.
I've been beating this drum for months, and lets not forget CPM was instrumental in throwing Brees under the bus on his kneeling feelings for the national anthem

He got paid and promptly turned in the best single season performance of any WR ever.
…then he got injured. He tried desperately to avoid surgery (because for many, surgery is a huge risk that could mean you’re never the same). He bet on himself to heal on his own, but he was wrong.

Is he cocky? Yes.
Is he super competitive? Again, YES.

It’s that cockiness and supreme competitiveness that is going to drive him to work his tail off to get back on top.

Yup. Unless he is a complete vegetable after his ankle injury, he is going to be back as a top WR. He is the kind of person that thrives off of having a chip on his shoulder. The last thing I would want to do is trade him away and be the target of his ire.

8 receptions for 99 yards on AVERAGE.

The best performance by any Saints WR for this entire year? 6 receptions (Harris vs ATL) and 96 yards (Harris vs DAL)

Reserving my opinion of him for if we ever see him play as an effective player again. Starting to have my doubts, but hoping for the best.
That’s where I’m at too. He’s incredible when healthy, hope he can get back to health and happiness with this team.

Absolutely brain dead take, do some research before you post this garbage. He set multiple single season records after he got payed....

He obviously elevated the play of both Bridgewater and Hill in the stints they played the last 2 years, so I'm not sure why anyone would doubt he would do the same for any other QB....

I always find these CGM haters irrational and kind of ridiculous....and I think way too many folks are underestimating his drive to be the best...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom