Saints Some have forgotten that the Saints were 1 win, 2 losses after Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Not only were we 1-2 but we got down 14-0 to the Lions.

At that point, all Saints fans were stunned in disbelief this was happening.

And then Drew went to work on the next 5 drives scoring a touchdown and said not on my watch.

We're facing an uphill battle against them no matter what due to ref partiality. No way in hell do our chances improve if you add cold arse GB late autumn weather to the equation. We just need a coach that can actually coach in September. We've only had a winning record in September once in the last 7 seasons (2019) and these impressive winning streaks we go on every October and November end up meaning little in the long run when we keep ending up one win short of a bye or #1 seed.

I don't think a Saints fan merely proclaiming that the refs would favor GB for some reason, makes it so.

Every fanbase has their own laundry list of officiating complaints. Most of the time these are just poor rationalizations used as coping/defense mechanisms.

AND this is why i hated playing GB so early into the season. I wanted them in November.
I was surprised we won that game. In hindsight, I do think it benefited us the play you guys then.

November is usually our worst month, we usually start and finish strong with a slump in the middle. December is when we start playing our best ball.

I don't think a Saints fan merely proclaiming that the refs would favor GB for some reason, makes it so.

Every fanbase has their own laundry list of officiating complaints. Most of the time these are just poor rationalizations used as coping/defense mechanisms.

You're generalizing this like someone that hasn't paid attention at all. Numerous fans have called out specific instances where the refs have made multiple game-changing calls in the same game that have benefited GB on possession-changing plays. Stuff like bailing them out with automatic first downs on failed 3rd and 4th down attempts or taking away 3rd or 4th down conversions from their opponents with completely bogus penalties. But by all means, continue to look down your nose at us while offering nothing of substance.

You're generalizing this like someone that hasn't paid attention at all. Numerous fans have called out specific instances where the refs have made multiple game-changing calls in the same game that have benefited GB on possession-changing plays. Stuff like bailing them out with automatic first downs on failed 3rd and 4th down attempts or taking away 3rd or 4th down conversions from their opponents with completely bogus penalties. But by all means, continue to look down your nose at us while offering nothing of substance.
What you just said is complete ridiculous.

You just ignore or handwave away any call that goes against GB, and do the exact opposite for calls that go for GB, its just coping mechanism garbage that every fanbase has fans that do.

GB gets the most 3rd-4th down penalties because Aaron Rodgers is transcendant at causing presnap penalties, and we automatically try this on nearly every late down situation. Offsides, 12 men, etc. This actually correlates to an actual statistic floating around, so I dont fault you here, despite the caricature.

The second part you mentioned is entirely make believe, we dont have a significant amount of offensive penalties on the opposing team taking away their conversions, this has no correlation to any actual statistic in reality.

You can rationalize this stuff with any team in football my guy. Just deciding that every call that goes against one team is correct, and every call that goes for them is officiating bias is just run of the mill, coping mechanism stuff.

What you just said is complete ridiculous.

You just ignore or handwave away any call that goes against GB, and do the exact opposite for calls that go for GB, its just coping mechanism garbage that every fanbase has fans that do.

GB gets the most 3rd-4th down penalties because Aaron Rodgers is transcendant at causing presnap penalties, and we automatically try this on nearly every late down situation. Offsides, 12 men, etc. This actually correlates to an actual statistic floating around, so I dont fault you here, despite the caricature.

The second part you mentioned is entirely make believe, we dont have a significant amount of offensive penalties on the opposing team taking away their conversions, this has no correlation to any actual statistic in reality.

You can rationalize this stuff with any team in football my guy. Just deciding that every call that goes against one team is correct, and every call that goes for them is officiating bias is just run of the mill, coping mechanism stuff.

I didn't even cite specific plays but I was referring to the Lions MNF debacle last year, first and foremost. They got two possession-saving hands to the face calls when the DL never touched the face and the hand never got close to it. But keep being delusional if it makes you happy. Also, I never mentioned anything about offsides stuff so you're moving the goalposts there with the pre-snap rhetoric.

Also, It's kinda weird that it's been months since our teams played yet here you are camped out in enemy territory. Did you get exiled from GB's forum?

I didn't even cite specific plays but I was referring to the Lions MNF debacle last year, first and foremost. They got two possession-saving hands to the face calls when the DL never touched the face and the hand never got close to it. But keep being delusional if it makes you happy. Also, I never mentioned anything about offsides stuff so you're moving the goalposts there with the pre-snap rhetoric.

1. Why didnt you mention the week 4 Philly game last year, where GB lost on an admitted blown non pi call in the endzone?

2. As to the DET game, why didnt you mention the goalline TD that was initially called short and turnover on downs by the line judge, before being inexplicably changed by a different ref, and then standing on replay review due to being 'the original call'?

3. The 1st hands to the face call was absolutely correct, and the league stood by and confirmed it. The SECOND hands to the face was incorrect, and instead of a 1st down, it should have been a 4th and 4.

So the Lions were gifted 7 on a bad call, and GB was gifted a 1st down instead of a 4th and 4 conversion try, which one seems more influential?

You implied that GB being high in the league in 3rd-4th down penalties called against the opposition is a sign of officiating bias, I pointed out its moreso just a sign of a transcendant QB, who is the best ever at causing presnap penaltys.

So, as you can see, your just ignoring bad calls against GB, and rationalizing bad calls for GB, to fit the narrative that you decided you want to be true. You appeal to a call you dont like in a certain game, and ignore game losing calls from the same season, and bad calls from the same game, because it doesnt fit your agenda.

I can think of a high profile Saints game (victory) from a while ago that alot of people complain about in regard to calls, I doubt you agree with them and actually think there was some officiating bias, and rightly so, because poor coping mechanisms are just poor coping mechanisms.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom